1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to PWF!
    Join now to talk about WWE, NJPW, ROH, PROGRESS and a wide array of off-topic discussions. Join the best wrestling forum around!
    Dismiss Notice

Impact Wrestling How much longer will TNA/GFW/IMPACT survive?

Discussion in 'Indie Wrestling' started by Juventudinho, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Juventudinho

Juventudinho Estou Pronto Administrator

This question has been floating around since 2002, but with recent shenanigans like Jarrett and GFW branding leaving, again, what is next for this company. They were rebuilding quite well, and then suddenly the biggest influencer in the company left and he's apparently taking his company copyrights with him. Bound for Glory is now under the IMPACT name, Jim Cornette and Jarrett left.

Can it survive, and for how long?

2. andie

andie Piss off Ghost!

It’s still kicking?

• Like Like x 1
  3. gdx

gdx Guest

It will as long as this topic is being discussed.

any press is good press

4. Punk

Punk Commissioner Platinum

until wwe buys it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. andie

andie Piss off Ghost!

I could’ve sworn there was a deal to put their content on the WWE Network a while ago. If that happens, they’re as good as dead.

6. Juventudinho

Wasn't a deal.

Just a question on a Fan Survey by WWE. I doubt WWE will put a full fledged promotion on their network.

7. andie

andie Piss off Ghost!

They were gonna do something with ICW iirc, it could happen.

8. ¡Tranquilo!

¡Tranquilo! Section Moderator Section Moderator Donor

TNA can't die it is known.

9. Highspot

Highspot Failure is not an option Administrator

Honestly, I think the WWE has pretty much taken over every company from World Class Championship wrestling to in five years I think TNA will be gone. You can't keep losing talent and not bring up new talent on your own. ROH, PWG, and others produce while TNA gets the scraps from WWE

10. Smarkslayer

Smarkslayer What, like it's hard?

There was a deal in place to buy the library and then Smashing Pumpkins sued Dixie and Anthem bought it instead.

Now we have the Global Wrestling Network, so that deal won't be on the table again until they sell the company.

TBH I think this last year and change has done the most damage to their credibility. Making Billy Corgan your President out of the blue, and then equally as fast firing him, being sued by him, Dixie stepping down, selling the company to Anthem, changing their parent company name from TNA to Impact Wrestling, rehiring Jeff Jarrett, merging Impact with and renaming the company GFW, suspending Alberto Del Rio days after he wins the world title on PPV, letting Jeff Jarrett go before the GFW merger was complete, renaming the company back to Impact and now they have their GWN up and there are rumblings that the site isn't even secure and people are being warned not to give Impact your money for it until it passes a security upgrade. Talk about flushing what little good faith your company had down the toilet.

11. WrestleRacer91

WrestleRacer91 Intercontinental Champion Platinum

I'd be surprised if they make it through 2018.

12. Juventudinho

That was said a decade ago. They're alive as long as there is a cent to pop out.

13. WrestleRacer91

WrestleRacer91 Intercontinental Champion Platinum

I mean back then at least they had stars. Have you seen their roster recently? They have no stars. I mean, EC3? Abyss? Who else?

14. Juventudinho

They've had a small selection of stars, but that doesn't mean it will be a bad product.

TNA hasn't had a strong star presence since around 2013, but they've had some profitable times. EC3, El Patron, Mundo, Lashley, and a mixture of young talent like Andrew Everett, Eli Drake, DJZ, Caleb Konley and Trevor Lee are still in the company

They have a very talented roster, but that means nothing when the corporate structure is incompetent.