1. Welcome to PWF!
    CLICK ON THE YELLOW BUTTON to sign up and talk about WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW and so much more!
    Dismiss Notice

Forum history?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Cortana, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Cortana

Cortana UNSC AI Serial Number: CTN 0452-9 Super Moderator The Four Horsemen

Curious on how common most of our members have been on online forums and what types.

On my own behalf I started entering forums at the height of my interest in Legend of Zelda. I joined about 7 Zelda forums, wrote articles on one and was deeply part of only one community. Was an interesting journey, remembered how I put all my effort into making a side story for Majora's Mask I believe, got some good responses so made another, just so the mod of the site could delete them both and nearly ban me for giving a opinion about a couple because they didn't like that is wasn't, "high quality enough". Needless to say, I left and only stuck to two forums before they died off.

My next path would lead me to going to wrestling forums. Which has always been a much more pleasant. Disagreements have been more common, but never anything out there. Plus something that booms weekly from different companies so much more activity and whatnot. Of course there's also EFeding and much more than that.

Curious on anyone else story?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Swamps

Swamps Indie Wrestler

Well, I first started out when Forums were called message boards. I used to post on the local Indy Promotion's Message Board. Things went south for the promotion and it went under.

When WWA was still around I posted on their message board until it went away. Was also a regular on Shark Boy's page. Then I joined PWS, and got the Ban Hammer when the Infamous change of management happened. Got banned from the Largest wrestling forum on the web due to "political" disagreements with a few thin skinned folk. Just got permanently banned from another one for exposing an SMod as a catfish. I remember back in the day, we could call out a dude posing as a broad and everyone call out the fake. Now, you're a bad person. Oh well, haha.

Oh I did a lot of EFed stuff in the early 2000s. Mainly GDW.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DK JAMES

DK JAMES The Creator Donor The Four Horsemen

Wrestling forums been the only ones for me.

Started off on the good ol WWE Universe forum they used to have back in the day, mostly doing RPs and shit like that. Joined a couple e-fed forums and stayed on one called TEW for a good 5-6 years. WWE Universe shut down and I did everything I wanted to do with TEW and decided to move on. Literally searched "wrestling forums" on Google and signed up for some random one, think it was Smackdown Hotel tbh, but didn't like it too much. Went down the list, next one to catch my eye was MP. Signed up on there under the new name "HeelTurn" (smh) and was only able to be on it for a couple weeks before it shut down.

I liked a bunch of the members at MP, and saw a lot of them moving to WWEF, so I signed up there as my original name and the rest is history. It's wild how many awesome people I've met through forums over the years.

4. Juventudinho

Juventudinho Il Capitano Administrator

I mostly lurked forums for news/icw opinions on things from 2012-2013, the ones I remember lurking were WWE Forums, WrestlingForum, WrestleZone, and I think MP. Never joined since I was SCARED of interacting with e-bois.

Then in late 2013, I got really pissed that Ziggler was de-pushed and that Sandow lost the MITB briefcase so I started joining forums in late-2013 to VENT. I joined most of the ones I lurked like Wrestling Forum, WrestleZone, and WWE Forums. I lost interest in WF and WZ within like 2 days, but stuck to WWEF.

I spent most of my forum life on WWEF from 2014-2016, but I also joined sites like TWF and WS, but I was never very active there.

I amassed upwards of 40,000 posts on WWEF, and ran the e-fed, fantasy league and a 2K league before I got the BAN. I went to Wrestling Smarks, but the admin was a freak so I kinda stopped going on forums until late-2017 when I found a very good looking, but crusty ass Deathmatch wrestling forum and I contacted the admin about helping out. It was run by some nerd called Lightube, we got in contact, set out a plan for taking the site big time, bought a new domain, bought a new theme, I set everything up and here we are 11 2/3 months later and I'm post this message on said site.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Swamps

Swamps Indie Wrestler

Wrestling Forum is one of those places, where you get flamed for a difference of opinion, but get banned if you way something back.

6. Juventudinho

I was banned for being a gimmick account. I was Denzel Crocker from the Fairly Odd Parents and said "FAIRY GOD PARENTS" in just about all my posts. I was very popular with the members, but was banned very quickly by the admin.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Jay the Oddity

Jay the Oddity Indie Wrestler The Four Horsemen

The first forum I ever joined was one about music and music production. I was on it for like 2 years before getting banned because of me and one of the admins getting into a fight about what makes someone a musician.

Another forum was all about Media like movies, tv shows, etc. I was on it for 3 years and got made a mod, but got banned due to me and an admin getting into a fight that was pretty awful about who was better DC or Marvel.

I only started getting on wrestling forums like 6 or so years ago and signed up on several of them. I got banned from one because I got into a fight with one of the admins, another I got banned simply because the Admins didn't like me, and the final one I joined, for a while, I got banned because I was quote "trying to steal this girl away from one of the admins". This year, I joined WWEF, PWF, and one or two more after a hiatus of forums due to personal reasons and I felt like I could come back to forums and talk about the alternatives to WWE and have good meaningful conversations. So now I am counting down the days before I get into a fight with an admin on one of the four or three forums, now, lol.

8. andie

andie rockerboy Super Moderator D-Generation X

Modded a streaming site in 2011, never really tried to venture into forums. Only time I tried was joining wrestlingforum, and I was wanting to discuss how I thought Ambrose should be called up. Got banned for it cause they had a thread already.

Anyways, there was a guy I was cool with who was also a mod. He stopped using the site though. After a while there was a member who kept referring me to a forum, called MP. Didn't have any interest so I ignored him for a few months. Until he mentioned the mod there was the guy who also modded the stream site. So since I knew a couple of people I decided to join up. Spent a couple of weeks there, was decent.

There were talks of MP getting bought out and merged, though. Talked to the owner a few times on MP, he told me I should lurk and see what it's like. I did, but didn't sign up immediately. It wasn't till the merge was supposed to happen that it got canceled, so I decided to join that forum. It was WWEF.

Spent most of my time there, got mod in early 2014. MP did end up merging with Smackdown Hotel, tried to use it for a bit but couldn't stick to it. Anyways, stopped watching wrestling in 2015 so naturally my activity dipped. My topics did with it seeing as I didn't have much to talk about. Was mainly visiting for the e-fed at that point.

Was apparent I didn't have much to add at that point, so I got demodded. Things took a spiral, ended up getting banned alongside a couple of others. Took things to Discord mainly, but joined this site cause Roadie kept trying to find us a "home", not that we wanted it. So yeah, that's about it. Watch wrestling a little more frequently rn

9. Juventudinho

suck my ass

• Like Like x 1
  10. Swamps

Swamps Indie Wrestler

I didn't include this in my initial post because it slipped my mind. The first forum, I ever went on was a sports forum. Back in the 90s you could post as a visitor, but the webmaster began requiring you to register, due to it getting out of hand. However, I didn't join it until 2006 officially. Got banned in 2014. A old man insulted me over a political opinion. He asked me who sat on whose head, me or my children. I then replied, "Actually, I sit on your wife's face. MMmm she licks good butt". Didn't realize the dudes wife was dead . Anyway, I got banned but recently, it went under new ownership, and my friend is an Admin there and unblocked me. Still haven't posted on there though, probably won't either.

One of the cities I lived in also had a message board called "The Red Room". Me and my cousin got our IP addresses blocked there. Some "Preacher" moved back to the community after moving away years prior due to an "Incident". The freak was whining all over the board about non sense, which was often trolle, ignored, or given the Amen from the local hypocrite crew. However, he crossed a line and began running his mouth about our best friend's uncle. So me being the smart ass I am, created a new thread called "When a Predator Returns!" IIn the thread was the link to his profile on the Sex Offender Database. Some old Church hen clucked on there that I was going to hell and should be ashamed. My cousin responded saying, "we both are going, and so is Preacher man for shagging a 14 year old girl. Caused a big uproar in the community. Remember, it ain't slander if it's true ;). Database don't lie.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Juventudinho

damn i got banned for being an ungrateful kid whist we have to catch a predator's host on the board. smh how the times change

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. andie

andie rockerboy Super Moderator D-Generation X

Change your name for the love of god

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Juventudinho

Can’t handle culture, kiddo?