1. Welcome to PWF!
    CLICK ON THE YELLOW BUTTON to sign up and talk about WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW and so much more!
    Dismiss Notice

Impact Wrestling Fenix Looks to Take Flight on IMPACT Wrestling

Discussion in 'Indie Wrestling' started by Highspot, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Highspot

Highspot Failure is not an option Administrator

One of the most-anticipated Slammiversary matches will be, without question, one of the most electrifying matches that night. The 4-Way Match will be nonstop action from the opening bell, starring high-risk aerial wrestlers Johnny IMPACT, Fenix, Rich Swann and Taiji Ishimori.

Frequent-flyer miles should be awarded after this match on Sunday night, July 22, originating from the Rebel Entertainment Complex in Toronto. “It is always a pleasure to show (my skill) to a new audience, such as IMPACT Wrestling,” said Fenix, a star from Lucha Underground who made his IMPACT debut earlier this year. “I am very happy to share knowledge with new colleagues … and IMPACT has great talent.”

Fenix, who lives in Mexico, watched wrestling on TV as a youngster with his brothers, including Pentagon Jr. “We understood the beauty of this sport,” he said. “We now want to get better (every) day.”
    Fenix, who has been wrestling since 2007, said Rey Mysterio Jr., is his all-time favorite lucha libre star, and Shawn Michaels is his favorite wrestler from America.

“My (in-ring) style is a combination of styles that I like, (including) Japanese wrestling, American wrestling and (Mexican) lucha libre, (which) is my root,” said Fenix, who uses the ropes to his advantage perhaps more than anyone on the IMPACT roster.
    Fenix faced Pentagon Jr., and Austin Aries in the main event of the Redemption pay-per-view on April 22 in Orlando. Fenix lost, but his brother won the title that night to offer some solace and family pride and joy.

Pentagon Jr. has had the biggest influence on Fenix’s career, Fenix said. “I love him and respect him; he is always with me,” Fenix said. That said, Fenix and Pentagon Jr., also have waged in-ring wars for years. In fact, once in Mexico years ago, their in-ring battle was so intense and vicious that they got knocked out in the middle of the match. Fenix also has been friends with Konnan for about 10 years, and he’s very appreciative to the leader of LAX. “Konnan helps me get better every day,” Fenix said.

Fenix joins his brother Pentagon Jr. and Rich Swann this Thursday against oVe and Sami Callihan in what promises to be a blockbuster 6 man tag team match.

The post Fenix Looks to Take Flight on IMPACT Wrestling appeared first on IMPACT Wrestling.

What do you think about this story?

2. Juventudinho

Juventudinho Il Capitano Administrator

Fenix is coming to TNA? That's great news.