1. Welcome to PWF!
    CLICK ON THE YELLOW BUTTON to sign up and talk about WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW and so much more!
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games Favorite Wrestling Games

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by WrestleRacer91, Jan 2, 2018.

1. WrestleRacer91

WrestleRacer91 Heavyweight Champion

Let us know your favorite wrestling games below.

2. Highspot

Highspot Failure is not an option Administrator

Last video game I played was from ECW Anarchy Rulz and it was ok. I don't play that many games if they had a death match wrestling video game I would be playing every day.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Juventudinho

Juventudinho Il Capitano Administrator

I think the best video game would be SmackDown vs. RAW 2006.

It had a lot of realism, and the graphics were miles better than anything else produced during or before that period. But it didn't sacrifice the arcade style.

Most recent 2K games have sacrificed the ability to "pick up and play" in favor of simulation. It makes the game more technical, but kinds ruins the fun sprees of mayhem that were so prevalent in the earlier games.

Also, my first wrestling video game was probably WWF War Zone. At the time, I thought it was cool as fuck but seeing reviews and gameplays makes the game seem like a clunky mess. I also loved WCW Revenge. The roster was packed, the game was technical but fun, the battle royal was the greatest mode ever.

So yeah, too many to choose. lol.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Highspot

Highspot Failure is not an option Administrator

I am not a huge gamer but when I do play I like realism. I like for the game to feel like I was one of the characters. I grew up with Atari and Commodore 64 so I love the old school games like fire pro wrestling and anything around 2001 invasion angle.

5. Juventudinho

I like realism too, but keeping it simple is good. When you have to play for a couple of hours before getting the slightest hang of what you're doing, then it's harder to try and pick up and play again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. andie

andie rockerboy Super Moderator D-Generation X

Smackdown Shut Your Mouth and HCTP are always the go to, imo. Had the RAW games on the original Xbox but they weren’t the same.

WrestleMania 21 was pretty good too, even though that’s the game that broke my Xbox.

SVR08 was the last great one I’d say, with WWE’13 being pretty close to good.

• Like Like x 1
  7. WrestleRacer91

For years I would have said SVR06 was the best but I really would have to say WrestleMania 2000 for the N64 was the most fun and entertaining. It had a stacked roster and a really fun soundtrack.

8. WrestleRacer91

Check that, I'd prob have to say WCW/nWo Revenge. I had soooooo many good memories playing that game and I'm not even really a WCW fan over WWF. It just can't be beat in my mind.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  9. SheWolf

SheWolf Rookie

I haven't the ability to play WWE games a lot but I am loving Supercard which is... just odd.

10. Cortana

Cortana UNSC AI Serial Number: CTN 0452-9 Super Moderator The Four Horsemen

WWF No Mercy and WWF Wrestlemania 2000 are my all time favorites still.

• Like Like x 1
  11. James

James Enforcer Platinum The Four Horsemen

imagine actually spending money on a modern wwe game.

fire pro world comes out on the ps4 in like 5 days. buy it instead.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Juventudinho

New WWE games are the equivalent of buying a racing game where you have to do the pit stops yourself.

Nigga I want something to calm my 3 year old nephew down but instead he gotta learn wtf a rest hold is. smh

13. Cortana

'07 SmackDown vs RAW was fun online for me when people weren't glitching.

14. Juventudinho

Jesus SvR 07 was the first online WWE game, I can only imagine how primitive that was.

15. Cortana

Glitches fucked up the fun tbh. Was undefeated in first blood matches for some reason. Beat like half of the top ten.