1. Welcome to PWF!
    CLICK ON THE YELLOW BUTTON to sign up and talk about WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW and so much more!
    Dismiss Notice

Music Eminem new album called Kamikaze

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Highspot, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Highspot

Highspot Failure is not an option Administrator

2. andie

andie rockerboy Super Moderator D-Generation X

Decent:
    - The Ringer
    - Normal

Rest is cringe

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Jay the Oddity

Jay the Oddity Indie Wrestler The Four Horsemen

Wait did he just steal the album cover from The Beastie Boys' first album? Wtf?

4. Juventudinho

Juventudinho Il Capitano Administrator

It's a lookalike, probably to pay homage.

There's a good number of noticeable differences tho.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jay the Oddity

Jay the Oddity Indie Wrestler The Four Horsemen

Yeah, it is a homage, but still.

6. Punk

Punk Get the Strap! Platinum D-Generation X

Lucky You and Kamikaze is dope.

7. Morton Downey Jr

Morton Downey Jr Indie Wrestler

Eminem is a liberal douche.

What happened to conservative artists? There are none these days. It's just liberals singing about Trump.

8. DK JAMES

DK JAMES The Creator Donor The Four Horsemen

It's pretty bad and idk who his audience is in 2018, he's just an angry old dude at this point lashing out at everybody and apologizing for his last albums

9. andie

Kamikaze is drizzling shit

10. Cortana

Cortana UNSC AI Serial Number: CTN 0452-9 Super Moderator The Four Horsemen

I mean if he's smashing Nicki I'll stick around Em for that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. andie

Fall's chorus sounds like he's saying "Don't fart on my face" and I can't take it seriously

12. Punk

It’s cause your mind is set on this generation type of music.

You’re just looking for catchy music with fire production. You don’t care about lyrics anymore cause literally no one does except niggas like Cole, Kendrick, etc.

Edit: K, I meant I liked Fall not Kamikaze. Spotify got the wrong title's for the song.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  13. Punk

In my eyes, it's actual content we can somewhat grasp or relate to.

Like nigga said something like, "Why does everyone wanna fuck my bitch?"
    And I look at the songs I've written and I'm like, damn 80% of my songs I've written about fucking someone else's girl. Or even just all hip hop artists just say that.

Eminem did the same shit back in the day where he calls out people so idk if that's something you can critique unless that's just not your thing?

14. andie

I don't know how you can say that tbh. Rap has always been segmented dude, there was always a mainstream side. Even when Eminem was peaking, Pretty Boy Swag was the most popular song at the time. I don't know how someone can listen to Lil Pump and think rap is dead.

You just have to look. Tyler and Mac Miller put out albums that Em wishes he could in this day and age. Em's disses weren't even solely focused on mumble rap, he was more concerned with people tweeting how bad Revival was. You'd really think Tyler and Budden are industry shills? Nah, they just thought Revival was trash.

Em should've admitted that it was in this drop, and try to make music with more meaning like he used to. If he came out with this album and released anything akin to anything off of Curtain Call, or hell at least Recovery I would've felt different.

Mans taking shots in the dark, and that's why he doesn't stack up with his peers. You can't put him next to Kanye. Because Kanye helps the artists he influences to help the scene grow, instead of getting mad people didn't like his work.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. DK JAMES

There's plenty, and I mean plenty, of actual, good content in hip-hop right now that many can grasp or relate to. Maybe not in the mainstream, but there's something for everyone out there right now. Hip-Hop right now, "mumble rap" and all, is in a great place. And to me listening to a 45 year old dude who's way past his prime calling people out and doing almost nothing different does nothing to excite me.

I understand Eminem has always been one to call people out and be controversial and vulgar and all that. But when you're now a certified legend in the business and your last couple/few albums have been average at best, why are you now deciding to drop a new one and call out a handful of the new generation and dig up old beefs from the past? It just comes off as bitter to me and him trying to hard to appease his old audience at this point and to be fair it seems to be working. So I can't hate too hard. Just ain't for me.

I'd rather see him be a helping hand for some of the newer guys, (Like he's done recently, signing people to his label), than to still be trying to play the angry guy and breaking down people who are doing their own thing and making their own sounds for the genre. Comparing Eminem to almost any new rappers is pointless, two totally different times.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Punk

No one thinks rap is dead unless it's the blind fans who can't accept that music has evolved and always will. And if anything, lyricism is at it's lowest with production being at it's highest.

Ignoring the Tyler and Miller comment, cause I disagree that he wished to put out albums like Tyler and Mac have. If you mean in the sense that he wants to put out successful album, well no shit. That's the goal for every artist. He's been in the industry for over two decades, he's already cemented his legacy. He literally made projects that he wanted and the thing is, Eminem is held in such a high regard that even for Eminem, Revival's standards was just too low even for him.

And is it bad that he talks about his last album? In 'Not Afraid', didn't he say something along the lines of, "In fact, let's be honest, that Relapse album was eh."

In 'Lucky You' he said:

"They're askin' me, "What the fuck happened to hip-hop?"
    I said, "I don't have any answers."
    'Cause I took an L when I dropped my last album
    It hurt me like hell but I'm back on these rappers

In here, he acknowledges that Revival didn't go viral or was just shit. Is that a bad thing though? Since when did being salty or bitter equate to being bad artist? When Meek called out Drake for Ghostwriting and everyone made fun of him, does that regard to saying that he's a shit artist? Tekashi literally calls out everyone and no one blinks an eye. The second Em does it, he's just past his prime and bitter? tf?

Music evolves and niggas still expect him to drop the same material over from when they peaked. Drake 2007 sounds nothing like Drake 2017, but Drake adapted and made it work. Eminem tried and it didn't work out. Some of the tracks from Kamikaze are legit the type of music he used to release, but now niggas are mad cause he's sounding bitter? legit there's no winning.

And literally from my perspective, this album used to be the kinda music I fucked with super heavy. My tastes changed but that doesn't mean that the album is trash. It's always nice to hear something I used to like and some lyricism than just catchy shit. I ain't saying this album is a 10/10. It's far from trash and actually a decent listen.

And that's why half the people he called out aren't even mad. They're fucking fans of Em. Eminem is literally your favorite rapper's, favorite rapper.

17. Punk

Bro, you're an artist yourself.
    You've probably written tracks that you know you fucking love but knew it would never blow up.

Some people adapt, some people don't. Eminem didn't adapt, but I'd still say his material on this album is far from garbage and still better than most of his shit in the last eight years. I don't know if it's just not your type of music or if we're listening to the different things. Like what did you really expect from him in 2018 truthfully speaking?(In regards to his music not having people under his wing)

As an artist, wouldn't you wanna release music you like without receiving criticism? I don't think it's a crime to be mad if people didn't like your album. And he just handled it the way he usually does, but I guess times change and people react differently.

18. DK JAMES

I would definitely say it's his best work in years, but that's not saying much coming from me who has disliked almost everything he's done since like 2006.

I do understand as an artist the desire and drive to put out whatever the fuck you want without caring what other people think of it. And I won't hate on him for dropping it or anything, it's all good, but a lotttt of the album is him just calling everyone out and imitating other rappers flows to try and do it better or with his own take on it. Nothing wrong with that in a sense, but when you're Eminem and you're already considered to be a GOAT among many hip-hop fans, what is the point of wasting your energy on hating on dudes that have no correlation to your career at all?

I'm biased regardless of all this cause like I said, other than a small Eminem phase he's never really been for me. And I do understand he's never been shy to call out whoever, whenever. And it's not just Em, it's older rappers in general. If they're as good as people regard them as, I'd rather see them showcasing their talents by making whatever music they desire, just without bringing down the newer generation in the process. It's just not necessary to me and comes off as bitter even if it's not meant to be.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Highspot

Highspot Failure is not an option Administrator

To be honest I miss the 90s and 2pac not Eminem's bs albums of some white guy trying to become something in the rap game. Yeah, I know my shit btw and most if not all new rap is such trash if you listen to the 90s stuff at least they had a message. Of course, there will those that think 2010 plus is great but I wish you would listen to the 80s and the 90s to see where everything came from. Also, we didn't need idiots to tattoo their face. This will start a shit storm and I will be called names so here it goes...................................

20. DK JAMES

I won't call you names or anything here haha but I am well aware of the importance and talent of 80's-90's hip-hop and oddly enough I still prefer this era over all of them. There is so much diversity in the genre right now, just takes a little digging past the mainstream. There's a time and a place for music with a message and then for just flat out fun stuff. I like it all.

• Like Like x 1