1. Welcome to PWF!
    CLICK ON THE YELLOW BUTTON to sign up and talk about WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW and so much more!
    Dismiss Notice

Puro Dragon Gate thread

Discussion in 'International Wrestling' started by Juventudinho, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Juventudinho

Juventudinho Il Capitano Administrator

I'll be posting stuff about Dragon Gate (my favorite promotion) in here. Feel free to check it out, and maybe you'll become a fan too or something.

2. Indy

Indy Indie Wrestler

(your favorite promotion)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Juventudinho

Started watching Final Gate. Plan on posting a review. It's refreshing to get back into it. They, so far, have had numerous good matches with the crowd getting hotter as each match goes on. Very few bad moments. Ofc I don't know what the promos are saying, but I plan on reading up on IHeartDG and maybe I can have a better idea.

4. Juventudinho

One of my favorite units, VerserK kicked out Punch Tominaga and decided to shift their focus on a Youth & Mature dynamic.

T-Hawk, Eita & El Lindaman are taking center stage while guys like Cyber Kong and the other oldsters are pushed to the back. Apparently a name, logo and identity change is coming.

I loved the Millennials gimmick. T-Hawk is a true masterclass, and deserves much more than the Twin Gate titles. He had a great match for them at Final Gate alongside Eita. The match had a big match feel. T-Hawk looked impressive and the match was great.

Also, I get a feeling that Kanda is playing a Naito gimmick with the Brave Gate title. He called it a piece of shit and said he only took it to embarrass the former champions (Kagetora).

All things are set for a great and awesome 2018. They were held back by a lot of their younger guys and older draws getting injured. A lot of stuff was on-hold because the promotion's roster was in utter chaos. Even worse than WWE in 2015. Some of their guys had spinal injuries and some are on the verge of retirement.

5. Juventudinho

Basically everything was a crowning party for VerserK.

Their representatives won 3/3 of their matches. They now hold the Twin Gate titles (Tag titles) and the Brave Gate title (lightweight title).

Dragon Gate has the best young talent in the world, on-par with CMLL. Speaking of Mexico, Flamita and Bandido were announced for one of their upcoming tours.

6. WrestleRacer91

WrestleRacer91 Heavyweight Champion

How was DGUSA? Was it any good?

7. Juventudinho

It was basically Evolve but with less grappling-based wrestling.

The first few shows were really good, quality-wise but the production quality was really poor. The first few shows were a great mix of Dragon Gate wrestlers and indie guys from all over. They gave Johnny Gargano his first major gig.

After the first year, the promotion just became another indie with virtually no Dragon Gate talent, and it soon morphed into an earlier version of Evolve before merging and becoming the title bearer and then it ended.

I wouldn't go out of my way to rewatch them.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. James

James Enforcer Platinum The Four Horsemen

PAC returned. Pretty cool.

9. Juventudinho

Damn really? Gotta check that out

10. James

James Enforcer Platinum The Four Horsemen

[​IMG]

Just LOOK at this man