Double Or Nothing

Davey Wrestling

PWF Prediction Champion [V2]
Super Moderator
Nov 18, 2018
Top of the mountain
The first PPV under the AEW banner is due to take place on May 25th at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

I think at least a few of us will be watching this one....

The announced card:

Adam "Hangman" Page vs PAC

SoCal Uncensored (Kazarian, Daniels & Scorpio Sky) vs Cima & TBA & TBA

Kenny Omega vs Chris Jericho

Dr. Britt Baker vs. Nyla Rose vs. Kylie Rae

Cody vs TBA*

AAA Tag-Team Championship
The Young Bucks [c] vs The Lucha Bros

"Over The Budget Battle Royal"
Sonny Kiss vs. Kip Sabian vs. Brandon Cutler vs. Ace Romero vs. Glacier vs. Brian Pillman Jr. vs. TBA

*The Cody match is mentioned on Wikipedia but not on other websites talking about the card. Seems likely that he'll have one but is not yet confirmed.
So, any thoughts on this? Will you be watching?

Roadster

Il Capitano
Administrator
Sep 29, 2017
United States of America
Even though I despise the Bucks, their match looks really intriguing. I'll be looking to watch.

Highspot

Failure is not an option
Administrator
Sep 29, 2017
Going to try to watch this on PPV. I want to support this company and hope it can compete with WWE or Impact.

Jay the Oddity

Indie Wrestler
The Four Horsemen
Jul 18, 2018
You are forgetting the Joshi Six Woman tag match.

Roadster

Il Capitano
Administrator
Sep 29, 2017
United States of America
PAC has pulled out due to "creative differences" regarding his match with Hangman. Essentially, he didn't want to do the job since he wants to be put over as stronger due to his commitments with Dragon Gate, as Dragon Gate champ.

Jay the Oddity

Indie Wrestler
The Four Horsemen
Jul 18, 2018
PAC pulling out makes a lot of sense to me. They should have just went to a time limit draw and there you go because PAC losing to Page is dumb in a number of ways.

Davey Wrestling

PWF Prediction Champion [V2]
Super Moderator
Nov 18, 2018
Top of the mountain
Read some thoughts that suggest that PAC wasn't losing to Page but would win and face Omega for the first AEW title - where PAC would lose.

Basically PAC (and Dragongate) want PAC to look strong and not lose while he's got the belt, which is fair enough.

Apparantly PAC and Ospreays recent match ended in a draw and the crowd booed the finish - AEW didn't like the idea of that (also doesnt help create PAC vs Omega).

All of this is very sad because,well, how freakin awesome would PAC vs Omega be???

Jay the Oddity

Indie Wrestler
The Four Horsemen
Jul 18, 2018
Read some thoughts that suggest that PAC wasn't losing to Page but would win and face Omega for the first AEW title - where PAC would lose.

Basically PAC (and Dragongate) want PAC to look strong and not lose while he's got the belt, which is fair enough.

Apparantly PAC and Ospreays recent match ended in a draw and the crowd booed the finish - AEW didn't like the idea of that (also doesnt help create PAC vs Omega).

All of this is very sad because,well, how freakin awesome would PAC vs Omega be???
I read, PAC was gonna lose to Page that way they, AEW, could build up Page, which is pretty funny if you ask me. As for the Omega thing, I have no clue about.

PAC is loyal to Dragon Gate as it was the promotion that took him in and everything as well as being the champ DG has long term plans or investments in PAC so him losing wouldn't be the right move nor would it be the smart thing to do especially with Page so isn't really a somebody.

The crowd booed because PAC flipped them off not because the match ended in a draw inf act the whole match was great and the ending made sense. AEW wants to be presented as a legit sport, which is fine, but even in legit sports, there are draws so they could have PAC and Page go to a time limit draw and be done.

PAC vs Omega sounds like a good match and would be entertaining, but who knows it may happen later on.

Roadster

Il Capitano
Administrator
Sep 29, 2017
United States of America
This seems more like an amicable, "doesn't work for us, brother" situation moreso than a sudden walk out. Dragon Gate will probably still work with AEW, though the prospect of the relationship are already on rocky ground.

Smikey550

Trainee
May 26, 2019
Great PPV !!!!! Enjoyed from beginning to end . Cant say that about any WWE PPVs they have sucked for the better part of 2 decades.

Reactions: Highspot