1. Welcome to PWF!
    CLICK ON THE YELLOW BUTTON to sign up and talk about WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW and so much more!
    Dismiss Notice

Lucha Libre Do I start watching LU?

Discussion in 'International Wrestling' started by TUMBAS, Oct 9, 2017.

1. TUMBAS

TUMBAS Indie Wrestler Donor D-Generation X

Been pretty bored of wrestling as of late. Even great matches like Omega's can't get me to watch the rest of the crap. I like the story style wrestling stuff but WWE story lines are so bland and boring. I have seen the LU backstage segments and it entertain me.

Problem is I have to bulk watch wrestling. I do not care for wrestling at the moment. So this is a bit off putting. Do you think watching LU start to finish will be worth my time or could possibly peak an interest in wrestling again?

2. Juventudinho

Juventudinho Il Capitano Administrator

Might be a chore to watching LU from start to finish. The seasons are very long, and the stories are pretty convoluted.

Also, I don't think a singular show can peak your interest again. I was virtually done with wrestling before Mania, and the WM weekend shows and the hype for the show itself gave me a renewed interest.

If it's your style of wrestling, I'd say go for it. But I wouldn't watch Season 1 all the way till now. I'll just start from the beginning of the season.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DK JAMES

DK JAMES The Creator Donor The Four Horsemen

Eh, it is some good stuff tbh but I started out from season 1 and tried to make it all the way to current day and only made it like halfway through season 2. I got no real reason for that, it wasn't boring or bad or anything, just lost a bit of interest.

I'd definitely say check it out though, maybe actually start from season 1 cause if you end up really vibin with the style and all, you might want to watch through it start to current day. Worth a shot.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Smarkslayer

Smarkslayer What, like it's hard?

I feel most people say season 1 was the best it ever was so if you've gonna watch it start from episode 1.

Also, be fair warned that it's basically on its deathbed having not taped a new episode in 15 months.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TUMBAS

I was the same, have peeped a few eps but never really wanted to go through the whole thing before so stopped keeping up with it

6. Indy

Indy Indie Wrestler

You better start watching now since after Ultima Lucha Tres, it's most likely gonna be the end of the show nigga

Also, yeah, Season 1 was by far the best season of the show. Season 2 and 3 were ok but I wouldn't say it's worth following up on 80 hours of. Just watch Season 1 and if it virtually jerks your cock, then just decide for yourself whether you wanna watch more

• Like Like x 2
  7. Juventudinho

Juventudinho Il Capitano Administrator

Why is Season 3 gonna be the end?

Don't think the cash cow is bleeding yet. AAA making big bucks of the TV deal, and exposing their talents to the US has done wonders for them.

Ofc AAA has been struggling pretty bad since mid 2014/2015, but I think LU offered a good revenue stream.

8. TUMBAS

Puma's contract nearly up, so guess they are just gonna write it all off

9. Smarkslayer

Smarkslayer What, like it's hard?

You'd have to ask them because season 4 should have finished taping ages ago. Season 3 is wrapping and nothing have been tapped for a 4th season. Supposedly they were looking for additional funding, but would have to scale the productions costs way down.

• Like Like x 1