Roadster

Il Capitano
Administrator
Sep 29, 2017
United States of America
Daniel Bryan medically cleared to return to in-ring action

Following more than two years of extensive evaluations, four-time World Champion Daniel Bryan has been medically cleared to return to in-ring competition by leading neurosurgeons, neurologists and concussion experts, including Dr. Robert Cantu, Dr. Javier Cárdenas and Dr. Jeffrey Kutcher.

Bryan underwent a full review of his medical history and received comprehensive neurological and physical evaluations independent of WWE. He was cleared by each doctor as well as WWE’s Medical Director, Dr. Joseph Maroon.

After enjoying numerous championship runs, battling in legendary rivalries as both a singles and tag team competitor and sparking the epic “Yes!” Movement, Bryan was forced to make an emotional decision to retire from competition in February 2016. Later that year, he became the SmackDown LIVE General Manager, where he has continued to be an active part of the blue brand.

What will the future hold for WWE’s “Yes!” Man? Could we see a WrestleMania return? How will this affect his role as GM? Who will he look to face first? Find out as The Road to WrestleMania continues on SmackDown LIVE, tonight at 8/7 C.
Source

That's crazy shit. I wonder if they're doing this to keep him from leaving when his contract expires. I'm hoping that he turns heel and faces Shane at Mania. Shane tends to handle an easy match, since he takes most of the spots.

Thoughts?

Morton Downey Jr

Indie Wrestler
Feb 7, 2018
The most overrated wrestler of all-time other than perhaps Seth Rollins.

Should be kept in the upper mid-card.

Highspot

Failure is not an option
Administrator
Sep 29, 2017
I am more worried about his long-term health, to be honest. I think he should enjoy the money he made and just be the general manager. No point in making yourself a vegetable in your 50's.

Roadster

Il Capitano
Administrator
Sep 29, 2017
United States of America
I am more worried about his long-term health, to be honest. I think he should enjoy the money he made and just be the general manager. No point in making yourself a vegetable in your 50's.
If he's cleared, shouldn't the fears of that be drastically reduced?

Is it?

They're delusional. I have read some of them claim that Bryan could have been as big as Austin.
I mean, his fans obviously believe that. He was over enough, but lacked the character, imo.

Highspot

Failure is not an option
Administrator
Sep 29, 2017
If he's cleared, shouldn't the fears of that be drastically reduced?

His brain might have recovered to a certain degree but as we have seen in ALS, Parkinson's and other degenerative diseases if you have enough trauma to the brain its best to let it heal. It's not just Bryan to deal with he is married and has a kid. I could be wrong but you have to think long term not short.

andie

rockerboy
Super Moderator
D-Generation X
Sep 30, 2017
The most overrated wrestler of all-time other than perhaps Seth Rollins.

Should be kept in the upper mid-card.
No card at all would be best.

I don’t wanna watch him get paralyzed at Mania, thanks.

Speaking of Reddit, after seeing this it’s kinda cringey to think he’s gonna wrestle again:
With all this Daniel Bryan talk. Here's a turning point in WWE history when looked at in hindsight. Daniel Bryan loses use of his arms wrestling RKO and the match is thrown out. The first time in modern WWE that a match was called due to injury, despite the guy who was hurt saying he could still go. • r/SquaredCircle

andie

rockerboy
Super Moderator
D-Generation X
Sep 30, 2017
But hey, at least Miz will finally get to prove he’s the better man

Punk

Get the Strap!
Platinum
D-Generation X
Sep 29, 2017
Canada
yeah, I would be lying if I said I didn't kinda cringe looking at headshots thrown at him on SD.
But he's been outta action for 2 years and his injuries if he had any should have healed by now. Hopefully.

Morton Downey Jr

Indie Wrestler
Feb 7, 2018
I mean, his fans obviously believe that. He was over enough, but lacked the character, imo.
He was over with hardcore fans.

There is no evidence that he was over with casual fans. At least in a way that would draw serious money, like Austin, Rock and others did.

Morton Downey Jr

Indie Wrestler
Feb 7, 2018
He's a better character. Bryan's in-ring work rate is unmatched.
In-ring work is only a fraction of what makes a good pro wrestler.

Miz is the more complete performer. He's better on the mic, has a better look for his respective role, and performs his respective role better.