1. Welcome to PWF!
    CLICK ON THE YELLOW BUTTON to sign up and talk about WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW and so much more!
    Dismiss Notice

Serious Confederacy

Discussion in 'Personal, Serious, Interests & Debates' started by Juventudinho, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Juventudinho

Juventudinho Il Capitano Administrator

What are the actual reasons that there's still a love for this?

I understand that there was a well financed and deep rooted effort by numerous groups to spread propaganda and indoctrinate the post-Civil war generation with rosey dreams about slavery and its time period - but why exactly do so many people worship these traitors?

I try to find the grey area in a lot of arguments, but this is one that I cannot see any positive to. How do American patriots, wave the flag of the plague that attempted to kill this nation?

2. DK JAMES

DK JAMES Indie Wrestler Donor

Ehhhh to a lot of southerners just use at as a symbol of "southern pride" these days, at least that was the case for hip-hop throughout the mid-2000's. Probably not the best thing to use to represent themselves, but it is what it is. There were a bunch of rappers using it in their videos for the longest time if they were from the south, but again it was just a southern pride thing. Since all the controversy recently, a lot of the artists that were using it no longer choose to and use other forms of southern culture to represent themselves.

In terms of mainstream use, i don't understand it either. I feel like it's slowly fading away but obviously you still see people wavin it around. I mean even here in Buffalo I see it time to time. It's odd, it kinda bothers me, but not enough to make a big deal out of it. People show pride in and do a lot of stupid shit. Nothin new. I don't see any positives and probably never will, but it's not the absolute worst thing i've seen.

3. Juventudinho

Symbol of pride is a rich argument.

Pride in fighting for a cause that enslaved, killed and imprisoned Americans?

Only a matter of time before they start waving the ISIS flag. At the end of the day, they're only fighting for what they believe in, no matter how barbaric, right?

4. andie

andie Piss off Ghost! D-Generation X

André 3000 used to wear the confederate flag shut the fuck up

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Juventudinho

The flag ain't bad looking. I don't mind seeing it as a fashion statement, though it carries a lot of baggage and it ain't too smart to wear it, but the people that put meaning into that shit is the real depressing shit.

6. DK JAMES

DK JAMES Indie Wrestler Donor

Chill lol he did, again as a southern pride type of thing. Man wouldn't even dare doing so now.

Kanye even wore it at a point and he ain't even from the south. But it was mostly a fashion statement type thing. Didn't last too long.

7. Juventudinho

Didn't ROH have it on their Briscoe Bros title?

8. andie

andie Piss off Ghost! D-Generation X

Honestly the new symbol is basically the MAGA hats, because man I’ve seen a shit ton these past few months. I can’t believe people literally walk out of the house with that thing on, and think to themselves that they’re fucking smart for supporting a piece of garbage.

9. Juventudinho

MAGA hats ain't as retarded as the people that hoist the Confed flag along the US flag. Those niggas have absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

10. ¡Tranquilo!

¡Tranquilo! Indie Wrestler Donor

The confederates were traitors yet the people who fly those Dixie flags proudly consider themselves patriots. We are talking about a war that was fought because above other things a few southern states would rather secede from the US than lose their slaves. We are talking about a flag that was brought back in the 1950's amid the civil rights movement and displayed publicly, gee I wonder why? IMO flying the flags and building public monuments to honor traitors is just not right, you don't see Germany honoring fucking Nazi's right?

Sure the flag may mean something else to southerners but they can't sit here and act surprised or offended with northerners or anyone else finds that shit offensive given it's history on the wrong side of history.

11. Juventudinho

:cesaro2:

12. Highspot

Highspot Failure is not an option Administrator