1. Welcome to PWF!
    CLICK ON THE YELLOW BUTTON to sign up and talk about WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW and so much more!
    Dismiss Notice

2018 Brock lesnar (c) vs. Roman Reigns

Discussion in 'WWE Pay-Per-View Archive' started by Juventudinho, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Juventudinho

Juventudinho Il Capitano Administrator

Yet another Lesnar v. Reigns match. I think this is finally the time Reigns wins the title. It's in NYC tho, I imagine the shows gonna get SHIT on.

2. Cortana

Cortana UNSC AI Serial Number: CTN 0452-9 Super Moderator The Four Horsemen

Nobody in the world asked for this match ffs. Should have been Lashley, but whatever. Give the belt to Reigns and end this feud.

3. Juventudinho

Lesnar has made 5 defenses and 3 of them involved Reigns. Almost all of then had either Strowman or Reigns involved. Please for the love all that is holy - stop

4. AidsJohnson

AidsJohnson Rookie

This is why I still have no interest in WWE. Their undercard is great, but I watched long enough to know it's 100x worse than the first match on the UFC card with people like mayweather involved. It's an annoyance when your top stars put over an agenda rather than build themselves and their matches to be different. I don't want to hear about the main even more than twice before it happens. I want to have the storyline i'm watching be the FOCUS of what is happening in this moment. If each match is built as gold, the product as a whole will flourish because of it. Characters build, matches become more fluid, and the product as a whole gets a huge win regardless of which hour of the show we are in. It's honestly not complicated, WWEjust suffers from "the end's justify the mean's" mentality.

5. andie

andie rockerboy Super Moderator D-Generation X

You just know Strowman is going to cash in, feel like WWE loves those SummerSlam cash ins. But I'll be damned if we get another 8 months of a face Roman chasing that belt. Strowman is going to be the face in that feud 10000%, so just embrace it. Let the big dog turn heel and make their feud interesting

6. Juventudinho

I think they're going to turn Braun heel, instead.

7. Swamps

Swamps Indie Wrestler

I really don't like that idea. Reigns should be the one who turns. To be honest, Lesnar should have dropped the belt last year around Summerslam or Survivor Series. Really hasn't done much for me as champion. Really wish Joe would have taken him down last year during their match. Reigns vs Lesnar again makes me not even want to watch this show.

8. Juventudinho

It's sensible to turn Reigns heel, but they're not going to make Braun a super face. Reigns is still the project and the cogs run to make him the top guy without restriction.

9. Swamps

Swamps Indie Wrestler

If they wanted to get Reigns over as a Super Face, it would be better if they booked him super strong rather than having him as an under dog. He drops way to many matches to be the top guy. Hogan, Cena, SCSA, and Hart were winning matches left and right.

Unless they're planning on Lashley chasing Champion Reigns, that win doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

10. Juventudinho

What, you don't mean booking a 6'5 former football player as an underdog is going to get him over? NO WAY~

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Swamps

Swamps Indie Wrestler

I know it's the "stick to what works" formula. However, if the wrestler fits the narrative so to speak.

AJ is much smaller and he isn't booked that way.

12. Juventudinho

WWE's main face storylines for champions are either A.) Underdog or B.) FIGHTING CHAMPION US OPEN CHALLENGE BITCHES WE LOVE TO FIGHT ON FRIDAY NIGHTS

13. Juventudinho

YAWN

14. Cortana

Cortana UNSC AI Serial Number: CTN 0452-9 Super Moderator The Four Horsemen

Triple YAWN

15. Juventudinho

IWT CHAmpion

16. Dat Kid

Dat Kid Rookie D-Generation X

Lesnar vs Reigns is stale and I think WWE knows that so they need to add something to the mix. There's a lot of speculation on whether or not Strowman'll cash in, but we neglect the fact that Owens is the one with an actual shot at stealing MITB and from a narrative perspective it makes perfect sense for a guy like Kevin Owens to be teamed up with a guy like Paul Heyman.

They're both sinisterly ambitious and the build for Lesnar and Reigns leads to has been "these two will kill each other". I do believe Roman will defeat Lesnar, finally. However, with Strowman's face turn do you really want to turn him heel by cashing in on your top face? Lesnar is leaving WWE for UFC and they've done a good job at making him look like an asshole, having him say things like he doesn't even watch Raw. You don't have someone say that and have them remain champ.

Over everything we know Lesnar is losing at Summerslam and he will not be going to UFC with the championship because from a business perspective it would become UFC Champ vs WWE Champ but the company that has the losing champion will not benefit ultimately. I feel like both businesses wouldn't want to diminish the value of their champions for 1) Lesnar showcasing a pre-determined sports championship at a real sporting event. 2) Having said champion beat UFC's champion or vice versa.

Heyman however is an asset that I think WWE wouldn't want to give up as Roman's feud with Lesnar seems more of an indirect feud that he has with Paul Heyman that could be turned into a great Wrestlemania main event. Maybe Owens doesn't cash in at Summerslam, but if the idea is to make Heyman the long term adversary for Reigns i don't see any other option.

My prediction is of course speculative, but I think it's a foregone conclusion that the main event will not end clean.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Juventudinho

I think they're playing on the speculation moreso than leading to hinting at an imminent departure.