1. Welcome to PWF!
    CLICK ON THE YELLOW BUTTON to sign up and talk about WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW and so much more!
    Dismiss Notice

Other Billy Corgan takes over NWA

Discussion in 'Indie Wrestling' started by Juventudinho, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Juventudinho

Juventudinho Il Capitano Administrator

Source

Kinda old news, but still very impactful.

I don't really see Corgan doing well with this investment. It's just too shaky, not to mention it's brand is so much smaller than it used to be. NWA still operates as a governing body system, but if it were to become a super-indie like ROH, where they have stars that are billed as representatives of another promotion it would probably attract a lot more attention and stars.

Corgan's 3rd wrestling endeavor. He used to run a wrestling promotion in Chicago, and then had a horrible run with TNA. I hope he's successful in his attempt but I just doubt it. What'd y'all think?

2. andie

andie rockerboy Super Moderator D-Generation X

Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage

• Zing! Zing! x 1
  3. Highspot

Highspot Failure is not an option Administrator

Its not a good investment at all. Why would anyone pour money into something that has been dead for so long. I guess its a toy for him and I don't take it seriously at all.

4. WrestleRacer91

WrestleRacer91 Heavyweight Champion

I'd like to see the NWA become what it once was. But let's be serious. Its not going to happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Juventudinho

Juventudinho Il Capitano Administrator

NWA was so big previously because of its star power, but the times have changed.

The lack of a territory system lets all workers work anywhere, so really there has been an NWA-style promotion everywhere.