A Question For YOU (Everybody)

Davey Wrestling

PWF Prediction Champion [V2]
Super Moderator
Nov 18, 2018
Top of the mountain
I have a question for everyone and I'm hoping that we can use whatever answers we get to create something inline with what we all want to see and experience here in order to give us all a more enjoyable experience when we visit PWF.

Maybe your answers will create more questions but hopefully, by working together, we can answer those questions too and turn PWF into a destination for all types of wrestling fans.

So, its as simple as this: What do YOU want out of a wrestling forum?

Swamps

Indie Wrestler
Donor
Jul 22, 2018
Atlanta
I guess not many people on a wrestling forum know what they want out of a wrestling forum......
Not a good marketing strategy there, bro. Think for a hypothetical moment. You are trying to nail this chick for a while now, and she is willing but kind of slow to let you get to the promised land. Then you make the comment that kind of makes her back off and jump on the next dudes junk instead. Now, let's say you're a smooth pimp and decide to back up and analyze your situation. Ok, you see she is in to certain things, but you think to yourself, "man, this shit is lame.... but I want that... better fake the funk on this one bro".

Now, let's say she likes old school wrestling and opens up about it in several threads created. Now let's say she gets a few likes. Ok, she feels liked until she realizes no one responded to any of her threads minus the one troll post here and there. Now she thinks, maybe this guy doesn't like me. Then she sees there are other guy's (forums) that are willing to engage in the conversation. That's when she jumps ship to the other guy's junk and takes a ride on Space Mountain. This guy , even though he don't care what she is saying, listens and talks to her.

The female looks back on the guy who warmed her up and sees he is just faking a smile watching his roommates (troll) playing around and harassing people they either don't agree with or don't know how to debate them. Why would a hot piece of ass stick around when threads the spent time on either get ignored or trolled? People ain't got time for that. That's why so many of the larger forums have died or dying.

So you want a piece? Listen, engage, and shut down the trolls. Be proactive with discussion materials. A copy and paste news article with one sentence is not engaging. Offer your opinion.

You had a great idea for a discussion the other day for a forum that isnt riddled with trolls and gimmick posters. You and I could have had pages of discussion but it was derailed by one person that has been trying to throw shade. Those are the types of Douches we call cock blocks. You lose a lot of female interest when they're around. The chick thinks, oh my God... this guy hangs with this guy and doesn't shut him down.... oh well, whatever, I'm not laying this guy.

Reactions: Highspot

Highspot

Failure is not an option
Administrator
Sep 29, 2017
We will definitely shut down the trolling on threads and again will try to post more opinionated topics of wrestling besides just news and a link. Thanks for the feedback @Swamps.

Davey Wrestling

PWF Prediction Champion [V2]
Super Moderator
Nov 18, 2018
Top of the mountain
@Swamps See I was thinking the same sort of thing (though I could never word it the way you do you smooth bastard!).

I'll often post something I find interesting, a video, a news item or the like, without putting much of an opinion behind it because I think it will generate discussion. I'd rather jump in after the discussion has started than kill a thread off on the first post by posting an opinion and then just getting a series of likes. (Not that that would happen but my old site became like a hive-mind and if the first post had an opinion it kind of killed the discussion because everybody thought the same way).

There's also the fact that often I'll jump on, see nobody has mentioned something I think is big news and just post something quick due to not having time to go in depth.

Provocation is a good conversation starter (hey, controversy creates cash) but seems kind of empty.

I think what we're all after (else why are we here) is genuinely engaging conversations and opinions and I think to get that everybody on the forum should be starting threads about the things they find interesting. This is the point I'd like to get to, where any member will pop on for five minutes, start a thread and then come back to it later.

Do you think people need to feel like they belong here before they'd want to post? because how do we make them feel like that if they don't post (chicken, egg, etc)?

Reactions: Swamps and Highspot