1. Welcome to PWF!
    CLICK ON THE YELLOW BUTTON to sign up and talk about WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW and so much more!
    Dismiss Notice

Impact Wrestling 4-Sided Ring Returns (Jan. 2018)

Discussion in 'Indie Wrestling' started by WrestleRacer91, Jan 11, 2018.

?
  1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. WrestleRacer91

WrestleRacer91 Heavyweight Champion Platinum

"Impact Wrestling’s 6-sided ring is no more. Impact returns to Universal Orlando tonight for the next round of TV tapings and already we have some significant changes to kick of 2018.

In addition to Impact Wrestling ditching the GFW neon green color scheme, the company has reverted to a traditional 4-sided ring.

It’s also worth noting that the ring apron features the logo of the Twitch streaming service. As of this writing, Impact has yet to announce a formal partnership with Twitch."

- Source - SEScoops

What's everyone's thoughts on this?​

2. WrestleRacer91

WrestleRacer91 Heavyweight Champion Platinum

I think the 6-Sided ring is the only thing that made TNA stand out. So yeah, this is a crappy move on TNA/GFW/Impact Wrestlings part.

3. DK JAMES

DK JAMES Indie Wrestler Donor

Such an odd move. I mean the 6-sided ring is dope and all but i guess most wrestlers prefer the 4 sides which is understandable. 6 sides made them stand out and all but it doesn't make or break the company. Just weird to me to have 6, go to 4, go back to 6, and now back to 4.

4. Juventudinho

Juventudinho Il Capitano Administrator

It was original, but it was supposedly dangerous. It was a needless prop as there is nothing that would revive the image of TNA. It did work when TNA had its own style and a growing public image.

5. Highspot

Highspot Failure is not an option Administrator

Always thought it was dangerous and a dumb way for Impact to try to put themselves over with a ring. I could care less about a ring and more about the wrestling in it.

6. andie

andie Piss off Ghost! D-Generation X

As cool as the six sided ring USED to be, some of their most memorable moments transpired in a 4 corner ring. So yeah, definitely not needed. But there’s a lot more TNA should be prioritizing instead of what ring they have.

7. Ncrdbl1

Ncrdbl1 Trainee

6 sided ring has always been a gimmick trying to draw attention away from poor writing. Story lines have been on par with your weekly VFW arena promotion. If they ever came to Memphis they most likely would perform at minglewood hall a former bakery.