1. Welcome to PWF!
    CLICK ON THE YELLOW BUTTON to sign up and talk about WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW and so much more!
    Dismiss Notice

2017/2018 UEFA Europa League Final Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Juventudinho, May 14, 2018.

1. Juventudinho

Juventudinho Il Capitano Administrator

[​IMG]
    When?: Wednesday, May 16th, 2018 at 1:45c
    Where?: Parc Olympique Lyonais - Lyon, France

2. Juventudinho

Olympique de Marseille -
    Coach: Rudi Garcia
    Captain: Dimitri Payet

Atlético de Madrid -
    Coach: Diego Simeone
    Captain: Gabí​

3. Juventudinho

A lot of juice coming into this game.

Torres and Greizmann's last game in an Atleti shirt, establishing Spain as the #1 footballing country in the world which will only be exemplified by Real Madrid winning the Champions League.

I reckon we can see a solid 2-1 or maybe even a 1-0 win. I hope to god that Atletico can win this, maybe even a goal from Torres to cap off his service to his boyhood club in a fitting matter - winning his first and last title for the team. The most potent member of Marseille is obviously Payet who has like 12 assists in the Europa League (fact check needed).

This is going to be a great final, and is really gonna be a good advert for the Europa League. Last couple of years have been great for the tournament. Ajax v. Man Utd, Liverpool v. Sevilla, Atletico v. Marseille - great stuff.

4. Juventudinho

What a game, what a showing for Greizmann. What a win.

A brace for Greizmann, and he secures his first trophy for Atletico while Torres hoisted the trophy in his first and last cup game for the club. Torres is a legend. I'll be glad to see him at Toyota Park, soon.

Nonetheless, Payet got injured and Marseille suffered some horrendous mistakes especially in the build-up to the first of a 3-0 goal game.

5. Drewan

Drewan Indie Wrestler

Well, I knew the winner before it started. However, I feel so bad for Payet. He was their key player and left the game due injury.