1. Welcome to PWF!
    CLICK ON THE YELLOW BUTTON to sign up and talk about WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW and so much more!
    Dismiss Notice

List 10 Worst WrestleManias

Discussion in 'PWF Interactive' started by Roadster, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Roadster

Roadster Il Capitano Administrator

#10.) WrestleMania 26 -
    The show was not that special. Cena v. Batista, for the first time, felt tragically un-special. No extra effort appeared to go into much of anything. The only highlights would be Taker v. HBK II and the perusual Money in the Bank match. It had a cool set though.

#9). WrestleMania 13 -
    The show was flat except for two matches. Undertaker vs. Sid had a lazy crowd but the match was fairly good for Sid's in-ring abilities. Of course Steve Austin v. Bret Hart was the highlight. The roster was super talented, the crowd was hot, but it lacked any serious matches or headliners and the wrong match main evented. Not to mention it did extremely poorly in every metric (free tickets, low PPV buys, low replay buys, minimal effect on standard product and shows).

#8.) WrestleMania 32 -
    The crowd was not looking forward to a clinically mastered but horrendously slow Triple H vs. Roman Reigns match. The crowd was pretty dim, The Rock ate up 30 minutes doing an entrance, cutting a promo and beating Erick Rowan in 6 seconds. Ryder won and lost the title leading to very unimpactful booking, in the long run. The only highlights would be Styles v. Jericho and Taker v. McMahon

#7.) WrestleMania 2 -
    3 shows, 3 venues, 3 monitors, 1 night. Horrible idea that did horrible business. Everyone wanted to see Hogan, but those that were confused by why there was 3 venues ended up watching Hogan v. Bundy on a large monitor. The main events of the Chicago and NYC shows were cool, but lacked anything of note. The rest of the matches were also shit.

#6.) WrestleMania 1 -
    Nothing mattered on this card. Two title changes occurred, while every other match had a dubious finish. Pure shit, missable and if it didn't leave a legacy it would've been considered a horrible shitshow.

#5.) WrestleMania 27 -
    The crowd was hot. The card was kinda stacked. The set was cool, but it didn't have anything of substance. The WWE took a horrible approach by giving the heels the wins in the biggest matches. Even Michael Cole picked up a win. I loved heel Cole, but damn it was a geeky thing to do. I only like it because it was my first Mania in a long time, since I hadn't watched in nearly 2 years at that point. Taker v. HHH, Edge v. del Rio, and Morrison's career suicide are the main highlights.

#4.) WrestleMania 9 -
    Holy shit this was bad. Hart deserved the title, but if not him then it should've been Yokozuna. Yoko and Hart were shafted for Hogan. The show was bad, the theme and setting was bad. The matches sucked and the only highlight was a Superstars-caliber match from HBK and Tatanka. Most of the matches didn't have a clean finish, not even the opener. Ramon v. Backlund was actually kinda cool, imo.

#3.) WrestleMania 29 -
    Shit show. Crowd was dead. Cena v. Rock was annoying, the same spots, a blatant lie, lacked any of the previous years drama and crowd investment. Taker v. Punk was the only highlight. The main problem was that many of the major matches were rematches. Not even from a long time ago, but as recent as that Summer. HHH v. Lesnar, Punk v. Taker, Cena v. Rock all happened on numerous different PPVs before. The next RAW's crowd was awesome also it was really the beginning of DB's mega push.

#2.) WrestleMania 11 -
    Yeah it was a botched shitfest that lacked anything of note and had the World title match shafted for a celebrity match, but it still had well-built feuds. Diesel v. HBK was always a great match-up, but HBK's fuckery shat on the match and it led to a sub-par match, but led to a greater match the next year. Avoid at all costs however.

#1.) WrestleMania 2000 -
    No singles matches. The main event had a ridiculous double-cross. Foley should've never come back. Rock v. HHH was the rightful main event but was flooded by a McMahon storyline that made less and less sense by the week. The Triangle Ladder match is the greatest shit though. Besides that, the Hardcore rumble was funny and fun as shit.

2. WrestleRacer91

WrestleRacer91 Heavyweight Champion

I like most of your list but WM XVI or 2000. Whatever you want to call it, is NOT the worst WM of all time. But I guess we'll agree to disagree.

3. Roadster

Besides the Triangle Ladder match there wasn't anything to it. Not a single singles match. The main event had too many people, was won by the wrong guy and had way too many angles going on.

4. WrestleRacer91

Still, does that qualify as the worst WM? I don't think so.

5. Roadster

Factor in the quality of the storylines, and the quality of the matches.

6. WrestleRacer91

I'd put it in my personal top ten favorite...but to each their own.

7. Roadster

:bige2:

8. andie

andie rockerboy Super Moderator D-Generation X

There’s been at least 10 Manias after WM22, so uhh probably those ten.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Morton Downey Jr

Morton Downey Jr Indie Wrestler

Cena and Batista faced off at SumerSlam 2008.

I didn't enjoy Wrestlemania 30. I found the whole Bryan fad cringe-worthy.

10. Roadster

This was still the first time in a Heel-Face dynamic.

11. Morton Downey Jr

Morton Downey Jr Indie Wrestler

One of the most underrated feuds of this century.

Batista was a great face, but an even better heel. WWE would kill to have another like him today.

12. Roadster

I, honestly, didn't give a shit for that feud. It was boring, but I did enjoy Batista's heel work. He can play any heel gimmick there is, and do it well. Love heel Batista.