Zeitgeist Refuted? Or Not? Does It Matter?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Just to let everyone know yes I have watched Zeitgeist. But also I have recently been turned towards this series of videos, along with many others that claim to refute Zeitgeist. What do you think? Which is right, which is consistent? Zeitgeist, or Zeitgeist Refuted? Please reply below, as I am looking for as many opinions on this as possible before I myself do more research of my own to decide what I find for myself, what is true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej_coXEnKEI

You will notice largely that this is just a series of refutations, hence the name of the videos. But also, you will notice there is another series of videos which are the refutations of the refutations of Zeitgeist. And I am sure if you look even farther on the Internet, there will be refutations to the refutations of the refutations of Zeitgeist. It is an endless circle in my mind of constant deliberate nitpicking of sources, and intellectual bullshitting on all sides. Zeitgeist points the fingers of political and idealogical corruption towards international bankers and world governments. The refutation of Zeitgeist concentrates on undermining and disproving the points presented in the aforementioned documentary.

Either way, each side falls into the same tactics as our politicians take. Pointing the finger, smearing the image, and concentrating on trying to convince people like you and I that they are lesser of two evils. Well? I am not interested in picking sides of the lesser of two evils. I am interested in being on the side of whom is best matching to my own beliefs and are able to back up those beliefs with facts. But it is not easy to pick is it? Because for every fact you think you believe, the opposing side is going to have a several year old source that they dug from the ditches of time that will refute your facts.

Which is why I myself am respectfully sticking with my gut. I vote how I feel is best matching my beliefs, and I'm not going to bother to fact check or nitpick the little issues when there is a never ending loop of refutations to what I believe.

I believe in abortions so long as it is for the health of the mother or under circumstances such as rape that were beyond their control. Mistakes happen, and certainly I as a human being understand that, and do not judge you nor should I in case you disagree and support abortion in a more wide ranging form.

I believe in gay marriage. I believe that when you love someone and want to solidify that love through some form of ceremony or certification that you should have the same right as anyone else. I do not believe however that it is such a hot button issue to call it a certain word. If you receive the entire marriage benefit package, what use is calling it marriage when that is the soul difference? I could call it “Two silly gooses signing a piece of paper that costs them money to celebrate and will cost them money to split up later” and if a gay couple got the same piece of paper with the same costs but it was instead called “two humorous ducks writing their john hancock on a piece of parchment that will extract currency from their wallets to celebrate and will extra currency from them to break up” would you really give a hoot? I think not.

I believe in having tougher regulation on illegal immigration, but I certainly do not believe in building a solid steel wall to keep people boxed in or blocked out. Might as well call us East Germany and get it over with if that happens.

There are many other things I believe in, socially and economically. And I could literally write a book on all the subjects that a person is expected to elaborate their positions on. But my point is simply this, I believe in these things because it is what I have come to learn from my personal experience and what I have seen, heard and read. And I won't allow myself to get caught up in nitpicking jargon associated with these opposing sides.