*Spoilers* TNA iMPACT! Taping Results For 9/23

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwmania said:
TNA Impact (Airing 9/23 on Spike TV):

* Rob Terry vs. Abyss. Winner via DQ, Rob Terry. Abyss used and kept beating on Terry. A bandaged and banged up Rob Van Dam appeared in the crowd and was held back by security. He hit one of them with a chair. Abyss tried to get to him and Al Snow, Simon Diamond and D-Lo Brown ran down with chairs to get Abyss to leave. RVD got in the ring afterwards and calls out Eric Bischoff. Bischoff comes down and RVD talks about all the love he's received. He appreciates it but doesn't want any sympathy. He prides himself on being able to take care of himself. Even though people think he's vulnerable. He's not. He wishes Angle, Anderson and Hardy good luck. RVD says he would've shown up within 30 days but whatever, things happen. He wants the winner of the tournament to put the title up against him. RVD says he also wants Abyss at 10-10-10. Bischoff says he'd like nothing more and it's a done deal.

* D'Angelo Dinero comes to the ring while Bischoff is still out there. He says since Bischoff is doing favors, why not do him a favor and tell him what the h--- is going on around here. He says Bischoff is full of it. Pope beat Kazarian in the fatal 4-way tag. Then he pinned Angle in this very ring. He says there was a hiccup at No Surrender but how can RVD get a title shot before him. How can Hardy or Angle get one when they didn't win their match? Bischoff says I hope you're insinuating what I think you are. He says they need to discuss this in the back and leave. The tone suggested Dinero was saying Bischoff is a racist.

* Jeremy Buck w/Matt Buck vs. Chris Sabin. Matt got thrown out immediately for tripping Sabin. Winner via schoolboy, Chris Sabin. Matt ran down afterwards to help Jeremy beat Sabin down. They did their double team top rope hanging DDT and then stole Sabin's tag team championship belt.

* TNA Knockouts tag title match, Lacey Von Erich & Velvet Sky vs. Taylor Wilde & Hamada. Winner via enziguri from Wilde to Lacey, Hamada & Taylor Wilde. The referee was distracted and Madison Rayne ran in and hit Lacey with a motorcycle helmet which led to the win. Angelina Love ran down afterwards to help Lacey to the back.

* D'Angelo Dinero vs. Samoa Joe. Jeff Jarrett comes out during the match to cheer Joe on. Sting and Kevin Nash then come out to beat up Jarrett. This distracts Dinero which leads to Joe locking on a choke for the win. An all out brawl then erupts with everybody except Dinero who stays in the ring. Security comes out to break things up. Dinero gets helped to the back by security.

* Mr. Anderson is out. He wants us a--holes to make some noise. He says this is a little more personal. He wants to bring out the only Olympic gold medalist in wrestling history, Kurt Angle. Angle joins Anderson in the ring. Anderson says Angle is the absolute best in this business. Angle reiterates that he would retire if he lost on the way back to the title. The thing you don't know is that what he does in this ring is who he is. Anderson says bring it on.

* Ladder match for the advantage in a Lethal Lockdown match, AJ Styles vs. Sabu. I'm not 100% sure if that's definitely the stipulation but that's what people around me think was said. Ric Flair and Matt Morgan are out with AJ. Mick Foley came out during the match and Flair flipped out. Morgan and Flair beat up Foley at one point. EV2 and Fourtune ran out and a giant brawl ensued. People were fighting everywhere as security tried to break it up. James Storm got in the ring and smashed a beer bottle on Sabu's head and then helped AJ up the ladder for the win.

* Abyss comes to the ring carrying an unconscious Jeff Hardy. He asks Rob Van Dam if he's wondering why he has his best friend Hardy with him? Abyss says seeing RVD was like seeing a ghost. He was never supposed to come back. Seeing him shows how pathetic he really is. Abyss' only mistake was he left RVD breathing. He'll correct that on 10-10-10 and THEY will finally reveal themselves and start their takeover of TNA. He says he and Janice will slaughter RVD but doesn't want to wait until 10-10-10. She wants a piece of meat so get out here RVD. RVD makes his way out slowly with a chair and starts beating Abyss down with the chair. Abyss hits a big boot and turns the tables on RVD. He grabs Janice to use but Ink Inc run out and make the save.

I agree with the Pope's thinking, the way TNA has booked this storyline is so confusing. He was the only one to win his match at No Surrender therefore he should be the one getting a title shot. Then RVD, who they stripped of the title rather than booking him to lose it, returns before the tournament finishes and gets a title shot against the winner. Too soon to be booking all of that.

10/10/10 the anticipation is building and I hope that it lives up to the hype. Who will "They" be, wrestlers that are already on the roster or new wrestlers debuting for this angle?

I want to see what happens with London Brawling since they were meant to get their title shots last PPV but something happened with Magnus. I hope they there number one contendership isn't completely forgotten about since I want to see them work as a tag team more.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
It's another TNA overbooking show. They overbook the hell out of everything.

First Pope didn't win at No Surrender Anderson did so I wanted to clear that up.

RVD being back before the title match is a little weird but is being used to give him a match with Abyss at BFG.

A Lethal Lockdown match makes sense for the EV2.0 vs Fortune feud and they want to stack the BFG card.

Looks like Gen Me and the Guns are leading to a BFG rematch too.

Looks like they are using the promo to just try to keep Pope from getting lost in the shuffle since he doesn't have a feud right now.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It's another TNA overbooking show. They overbook the hell out of everything.

First Pope didn't win at No Surrender Anderson did so I wanted to clear that up.

RVD being back before the title match is a little weird but is being used to give him a match with Abyss at BFG.

A Lethal Lockdown match makes sense for the EV2.0 vs Fortune feud and they want to stack the BFG card.

Looks like Gen Me and the Guns are leading to a BFG rematch too.

Looks like they are using the promo to just try to keep Pope from getting lost in the shuffle since he doesn't have a feud right now.

My bad, I am an idiot I completely confused myself when reading the spoilers and assumed Pope won. Completely forgot that Anderson defeated him.

Lethal Lockdown does make sense for that feud and thankfully this time around they booked the heels to get the advantage in that match. It will be interesting to see what wrestlers are picked for EV 2.o, at one stage they had trouble finding enough wrestlers but I assume it will include Dreamer, Sabu, Raven and Brian Kendrick.