Wale: “People Treat Rappers Like Pro Teamsâ€￾

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
DC rapper Wale, who recently signed with Rick Ross’ <NOBR style="COLOR: #95181c" id=itxthook0w0nobr class="itxtrst itxtrstnobr itxthooknobr">Maybach </NOBR> Music Group, had some interesting and noteworthy thoughts pertaining to the current state of Hip Hop that he posted last night. Via Twitter:
I think <NOBR style="COLOR: #95181c" id=itxthook1w0nobr class="itxtrst itxtrstnobr itxthooknobr">Tupac </NOBR> connected with several audiences, more then any rapper, ever….and. I doubt anyone will Ever connect that way again. Rap was way different back then…fans showed a lot more love, nowadays people treat rappers like pro teams..
In Hip Hop, they designate [one] rapper a year to be great.

There’s so much anger [and] hatred in the consumer nowadays plus “bein a rapper†is as easy as finding a mic and camera

Sometimes, when underground artist get mainstream success… original fans abandon [them], because “its not cool†to like someone on the charts. Back in the day when [you] had passion in [your interviews] or songs, they said [you] were PASSIONATE..now they say [you're] whinning..#checkurself

Lost boys had a single, that was a story “Renneâ€. How far [do you] think a story record will get you now, as a single. How amazing was Reasonable Doubt? How many people would turn [their] back on [an] amazing album [because] HipHopdx said it “undersoldâ€

Hiphop “enthusiast†hate on certain artist because [they're] not using “big wordsâ€. IN MY OPINION connecting [with people] is [more important] then vocabulary

So caught up in nostalgia, we can’t appreciate the present, til its the past #hiphop

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Spoke so much truth in this. It's just a fad year to year on what rapper people are gonna like except for maybe a few like Wayne. Wale seems like a smart dude and I like his music minus some of the crappy mainstream songs he ends up on like no hands.