R-Truth Heel Turn

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
R-Truth sort of lost steam with his promo last monday, but I didn't see the PPV so I don't know how he was in the interview. I don't think Truth is talented on a microphone. He just rambles and makes too many cartoony facial expressions.

Lucky

Reaction score
You should have seen him tonight, he did that stupid thing where he kind of mutters to himself when he was screwing over JoMo during the main event.

It's almost like they're making R Truth, Orton like, heel Orton of course.

Not really sure Ron's a guy who can pull that off.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I didn't actually think he would get pushed this much this quick after that heel turn. To have such a strong showing during a PPV mainevent when you aren't even in the match is impressive. I guess WWE are trying to find out if Truth will sink or swim as a top guy. He has been there long enough and is getting on in age so it is basically now or never.

Lucky

Reaction score
Kind of interesting when you think about it now that I read that point you made. Time to find out if he'll sink or swim, kind of like what they're doing with Mark Henry right now after so long. Well, what it looks like they're going to do with him.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Well now is the time to try it. Post-Wrestlemania is normally a quieter time for WWE so they can take more chances with the people that they push. Truth and Henry are examples of this, WWE won't be costing themselves too much by pushing them at this time of the year and the upside is worth taking the chance on them.

Lucky

Reaction score
Seems as though Truth's been elevated to the third best heel on Raw.

Kind of surprising when you consider they just added Drew, Swagger, Ziggler, etc.

I wish they'd do something with ZIGGLER! That guy's awesome.

And as for Swagger, why not give him a face turn during this time of patriotism going back around the country again?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Lucky that is a fantastic idea, haviong Swagger having an All American gimmick could bring him places.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Truth was impressive at Extreme Rules and was impressive again on RAW this week. WWE are really behind him and he has done well so far. Truth is the crazy heel and his feud with Morrison should be good. They have to have a match at Over The Limit PPV.

Swagger as a face would be a good idea as they could use another top face after Cena, Mysterio and Morrison. RAW is full of heels so someone has to turn face. They could just have Swagger turn against Cole and that would get him over with the crowd.

SpectreVLV

Reaction score
R-Truth might be a good heel, and he seems ok at portraying this psycho character and all. I think WWE needs to be more creative with R-Truth; they should treat him similar to how they treat Rhodes. Truth's and Rhodes' personas are so different, yet they are very similar in a sense that they're both psychotic freaks at this point.

I really liked R-Truth's lit cigarette twist with him smoking and all. They should advance that idea.

Lucky

Reaction score
The problem with that is the backlash that WWE got after that angle was shot though. I think you can say pretty safely that they wont use that angle again.

That stems after all the gay stuff they went through with Cena and GLAAD I think it was called?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If Cena, or another face smoked, I can see why it would get such a negative reaction because it is setting a bad example. Truth was a heel and did it. WWE are showing that he is a bad guy that shouldn't be liked and because of his smoking he ended up losing a title shot. I don't condone smoking at all and I don't think it should be shown but at least WWE did it with a heel and it wasn't made to look cool. It did give Truth a great edge as it was something completely different. WWE need to book him differently rather than pushing all heels the same.

Lucky

Reaction score
Well the problem was that Truth was still considered a face when he did it. Sure, he laid out Morrison, but if you hadn't watched that segment at all, just turned on the television and saw Truth smoking like that, you'd think, "What the hell?"

You have to consider that person as well is all I'm saying, but yeah, youre right.