R-Truth Heel Turn

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
On RAW this week Truth turned heel in the opening segment after he lost a match to John Morrison which cost him his spot in the WWE title match at Extreme Rules. Truth attacked Morrison after the match and then smoked a cigarette.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Truth has been a face ever since he returned to WWE. It is good to see something different from him because he was a bit one dimensional as the "What's Up" guy. I hope that WWE change his theme music so that fans stop singing along with him. I look forward to seeing where Truth could take this since RAW does need some new top heels and WWE seems to be behind him.

Your thoughts on Truth and his heel turn?

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I think Truth should still have a rap, but come to the ring and just own fans whenever they sing it with him or something. I liked the turn it gives truth somewhere to go....hopefully he goes to smackdown in the draft and becomes a top heel.

SpectreVLV

Reaction score
Truth's mic skills aren't so great, but being a heel character fits him pretty well. I fully support this (some people are hating it actually). I see a pretty big rivalry between Morrison and Truth coming up.

The JoMo and Truth pre-match segment was pretty bad. The match was ok, but the post-match segment was something to watch. Truth really seemed diabolic right there.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I think it is a good idea, and was really the only way to go with him, because it is so long since he has been a heel, then this could work great if they make him the total oppisite of what he was.

The_RB_Brand

Reaction score
so Truth smoking cigs n being a heel. this could be a chance to make cm punk face. like truth being a heel n backing up smoking cigs while punk is the straight edge superstar but this time as a face, u think that could work out? i know it would make sense though as to y punk would fued w/ truth.

SpectreVLV

Reaction score
Good idea about Truth and Punk feuding (I see Nexus eventually turning on Punk, and him possibly becoming a face). I see Truth feuding with Morrison in the near future, since they do have a bit of history together.

Also, both brands are lacking faces and someone has to make up for Truth's heel turn. That could be CM Punk after a while (but I do consider him to be a great heel).

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Punk already had a alcohol and cigarette segment with Truth on Smackdown. Ended up with Punk getting a garbage can semi full of whiskey and smokes poured on him. Could re-use the footage and make Truth look like the bad guy in that exchange.

Anyways, Truth needed some life breathed into his character, and ironically it's a cigarette that does it.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
The heel turn can work, but really if they are serious about this heel turn WWE can not mess it up and send him to Smackdown during the draft. Right now R-Truth is someone who I have my eye on and will make me want to watch Raw even more if the heel turn is played out well on Raw. So really hope he stays on Raw. I will say more about it the more progresses in the near future.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The Punk feud could work if kept short. Enhance Truth with Punk narrowly winning and then have him move onto greater things, and keeping building on Truth's heel character.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Strange how they were able to do it by removing him from a WWE title match. Odd how this business works. Promising signs for Truth, WWE need some top heels and they are giving him a big shot on RAW.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
The big thing here is how the draft affects the roster. Raw doesn't have many top heels right now and that puts him in prime position but will they keep it that way?

Lucky

Reaction score
Gotta be honest, I hate R Truth, and always have. When i was at the show in Milwaukee where he called us Green Bay everyone wanted to kill him.

R Truth as a heel cant be any worse than him as a face, blah.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
On Extreme Rules tonight he was given a pretty strong push by playing a role in the mainevent match. WWE have done more with him in a month then they have the past couple of years.

Lucky

Reaction score
Very good development tonight with R Truth. As stupid as it sounds, I'm wondering what his entrance music will be tomorrow on Raw?