Your 2010 KOTR Winner Is....

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

King Sheamus
Sheamus defeated John Morrison in the final of this years KOTR to be crowned king. I haven't yet seen RAW but the brackets were:

ADR def Daniel Bryan
John Morrison def Cody Rhodes
Drew McIntyre vs Ezekiel Jackson went to a Double Countout
Sheamus def Kofi Kingston

Then John Morrison defeated ADR after Rey Mysterio distracted him. Sheamus got a pass to the final because of the double countout.

For me this sets up a perfect storyline for Triple H to return. Sheamus is now King Sheamus whilst HHH is the King of Kings and Sheamus was the one to take HHH out of action.

What did you think of Sheamus winning KOTR? What did you think of the matches?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Most of the matches were too short for my liking. I felt ripped off after watching Daniel Bryan and Del Rio, I was hoping for atleast 15 good minutes but I was left feeling empty. KOTR matches should have a 20 minute time limit and for a 3 hour show it definitely could've been done.

Kofi sold the kick like he got killed, highlight for me.

Shouldn't have had the double countout before the Sheamus/Kofi match, 20 years of watching wrestling told me that the face doesn't get a buy..ever, so it just killed the match for me.

Sheamus and Morrison had a great match. Even better than the falls count anywhere match.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well apart from the final sentence (they had a decent match at best), I agree with everything you posted deezy.

Not only were the KOTR Matches too short, but pretty much all of them were predictable, apart from the double count with Jackson and Drew.

To add to this they were over shadowed by Cena, and the TLC main event. This just felt like a typcal Raw which just happened to have KOTR matches on, instead of a special night pushing the tournement itself.

As for Sheamus I don't agree with the decission, because he is already a mid-upper carder who has a decent chance of winning the Rumble next month, and for that reason did not need the win. IMO someone like Morrison (even through I don't get all the fuss about him) or Daniel Bryan would have been good choices.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
To add to this they were over shadowed by Cena, and the TLC main event. This just felt like a typcal Raw which just happened to have KOTR matches on, instead of a special night pushing the tournement itself.

I agree that it just seemed like a regular RAW and there wasn't enough focus on the tournament. I still think that it should be used as a PPV again, they can run the early brackets on RAW and Smackdown and then save the semi-finals and the final for the PPV. That way the tournament seems important again.

Keith said:
As for Sheamus I don't agree with the decission, because he is already a mid-upper carder who has a decent chance of winning the Rumble next month, and for that reason did not need the win. IMO someone like Morrison (even through I don't get all the fuss about him) or Daniel Bryan would have been good choices.

I can see your point, it would have been a better use of the gimmick if they gave it to someone who could have been elevated by winning KOTR. Morrison seemed like the best option if they were to go in that direction.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Another thing lacking was the time limits in different rounds, like they used to have. 15 Minutes first round, 30 Minutes in the Semi-finals, and an hour for the final, that really added something too.