WWE Sign Mistico

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Pwinsider said:
Super Luchas reported today as the cover story in their latest issue that Mistico flew to the United States last Tuesday and signed a contract with the WWE.

Mistico returned from Japan the day before and flew straight into the United States the next day to finalize the deal that EMLL knew nothing about which has contradicted Mistico's agreement with EMLL on telling them if he had any contact with WWE.

Mistico has been very disgruntled over the last year about his situation inside EMLL as they have decided to push La Sombra up to his level and he was very vocal in saying that Sombra wasn't ready yet.

Mistico also had issues with other guys getting big pushes and had talked to AAA last year about possibly jumping before deciding against it at the last minute.

Mistico hasn't worked at Arena Mexico since January 18th where they seemingly shot a new angle with Mistico having beef with Brazo de Plata after an injury angle the match before where he was destroyed by Averno & Mephisto but made it for his match only to help his team lose the match.

Mistico then went on the New Japan/EMLL tour. EMLL didn't push him as even being on the shows which was a telling sign regarding their relationship and it was around that time they announced the talent being on the show that Mistico likely told them that he was leaving the promotion.

Mistico has had a couple of chances over the last 4 years to sign with WWE but it never matriculated which Mistico now says he should've signed back in 2007 when he had the chance so he finally decided to pull the trigger after he impressed them working a tryout match in California which was without EMLL's permission.

EMLL most likely owns the Mistico gimmick so he won't be using it in WWE and I wouldn't have expected them to use it anyway as they like to create their own personas so the question now is does EMLL give it to someone else or do they shelve it completely.
The next few months in both EMLL and in Mistico's professional life should be really interesting now as Mistico presumably will go to Florida Championship Wrestling and EMLL will now put their full confidence in La Sombra and now Mascara Dorada to fill the void.

Huge signing by WWE. It is about time they start bringing in more lucha talent. Mysterio can't last much longer and Alberto Del Rio has proven how good the Mexican talent can be. I remember in 2007 when it was first mentioned that WWE were looking into signing Misitico and I am surprised that it has taken this long for both parties to come to a working agreement.

Mistico is pretty much guaranteed a huge push in WWE because they need that latino market. He will have to change his name but I hope that they keep a mask on him. WWE don't have enough masked wrestlers and this guy is used to wrestling in one so keep it on him.

What do you think about Mistico signing with WWE?

Dod Draper

Reaction score
I'm pretty happy with it; matches with Mysterio and Del Rio would be great.

If he moves into the upper card then I'm all for it. Whilst he certainly isn't guaranteed that top-star status, he has a reason to be there because of the PPV buys he'll (hopefully) generate.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
He will get a push similar to Del Rio where they push him aggressively with video promos and with initial feuds and then it will be up to him if he succeeds or not. Del Rio took the ball and ran with it big time and hopefully Mistico does the same thing.

It will be interesting if they give him a feud right away against Mysterio like the did with Del Rio. I guess it will depend if he starts off as a heel or face on whether he starts against Mysterio or Del Rio.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I think he'll stop round in FCW for a while. I don't see a fued with Mysterio off the bat but maybe Del Rio. Thats because I heard Rey has asked to fued with Cody Rhodes and therfore Del Rio seems likely to get him over as a face.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Should just take over the Mysterio role tbh, doubt he wouldn't get over by doing the same things. Could wear different masks, hand them out or give kiddies hugs for buying his crap and ensuring more kids buy more masks because he ignores the ones who don't.

Could be a dick about it too, and say anyone thinking about playing hardball come negotiation time, remember everyone is replaceable.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
The guy is a big star, a beyond competent wrestler as has a large following. So good signing. I don't know if he will do much initially with Del Rio as high as he is but he could make a big debut.

wetfloor

Reaction score
he'll be in FCW for a while. He has to learn English and speak it fluently before WWE will put him to the main card. They also have A LOT of choices to make including if they'll keep the mistico name, let him keep the mask, and so many other things. CMLL and WWE are two completely different wrestling styles and 95% of the company can't wrestle in the form of CMLL/AAA, and that can hurt the quality of matches mistico has with opponents. Allowing him to learn the WWE style, and getting him to wrestle against other talent will take time, just as it did Del Rio. That's why Del Rio was in FCW for nearly an entire year