UFC HOF talk.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Don Frye -Definitely deserves to be in the HOF, his 10-1 record in 96 is remarkable, and showed his true toughness. His moutache was epic and his fighting style was the first mixture of boxer and wrestler. Definitely HOF worthy, I know since he is basically Bruno Sammartino to Dana White's Vince McMahon, the chances of this happening is as likely as me getting a finger inside of Emma Stone's juicy juicy bum. Whcih I would immediately try to do if this were to ever happen.

Bas Rutten - El Guapo was unstoppable in Pancrase and was a UFC Heavyweight champion, plust the fact he is the best damn analyst in the sport today. And he popularized the Liver Shot in MMA.

Tito Ortiz - He only carried the UFC on his back during theuir darkest days, and was mainly the reason they were able to survive the hard times, and just for that, he should be HOF worthy. He may be a joke nowadays, but back in his prime, he was dominant.

Frank Shamrock/Pat Miletich - Even though these guys are assholes, they should be in the HOF for being the protoype to the GSPs of today, the first guys to put the "Mixed" in Mixed Martial Arts, being the afirst hybrid fighters and being champions should get them HOF recognition.

Sakuraba - The Gracie Hunter should get in, just for being the staple of Japanese MMA, and being the best Japanese had to offer. Definitely was him who kept Pride floating in Japan and for that he should get a nod. Wandy is most going to be a HOFer in UFC, so Saku should be as well.

Igor Vovchanchyn - Ice Cold Igor was a killer back in his day, he was the best fighter to never be in the UFC in the 90s. A 32 fight unbeaten streak, 32!. That is dominance.

Evan Tanner - If Charles "Mask" Lewis is in their HOF, than why the hell is a former MW champion not there.

ANyone else have any other picks?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Don Frye, Bas Rutten and Tito Ortiz should all be automatic inclusions. They have all had great careers and did big things for the sport of MMA and for UFC itself. Not too sure about the others as I haven't been a devoted MMA follower for a long time, only started getting into it a few years back but I do know all about Frye, Rutten and Ortiz.

I wonder if they will look to induct any current fighters like they had previously done with Couture and Liddell and a couple of others who made comebacks after their induction. In that case Anderson Silva would have to be a lock to get in. BJ Penn as well would be right up there for winning titles in two divisions. Quinton Jackson for dominating Pride and UFC for a couple of years.

Will UFC start to induct fighters more regularly in the coming years or will it be quite random like it has been so far?