John Morrison - On His Way to the Top

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Next week on RAW, the first RAW of 2011, will have the mainevent of The Miz defending his WWE Championship against John Morrison in a Falls Count Anywhere match.

I find it amazing that the first mainevent of 2011 will be Miz vs Morrison, earlier this year, even six months back no-one could have predicted this. Fantastic that the next generation really are taking over and that WWE are pushing the new faces in the mainevent scene.

Who do you think will win? Will this lead to a match at RR? What role will Riley and Lawler play?

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Fully expect Miz to win by shenanigans so that the feud continues. I fully expect these two to meet at RR. Riley and Lawler both will most likely get involved in the match.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
If something nefarious happens and Morrison isn't granted a shot at RR, it would mean someone pulled the plug on Jomo's push. I don't get the reasoning for booking a title match on a Raw, don't you get more money headlining a PPV? My 5 year old nephew asked that question...I couldn't tell him anything other than, maybe Morrison is just stupid, he talks like he is.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I am sure that they are doing this as a way to get a triple threat for the title at RR. Morrison gets a singles shot, something happens to cost him the match then Orton gets added in for the PPV. Interesting what could happen with Cena potentially out injured, will they keep a triple threat or will they use Morrison/Orton in the RR match to bolster the star names in that match.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
But we don't want a triple threat at the Rumble, we want a one on one with Miz and Morrison, it is a fresh main event feud, and should be a part of one of the years biggest cards.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't know if they will go with the one on one at the Rumble. Why book the match on RAW and then a few weeks later on a PPV? It seems like a waste of a mainevent if you give it away for free on television right before you want to charge people a lot of money to watch it. I would prefer the one on one match as well but if they were going in that direction I would assume that they would have held off on this match until then.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
You maybe right, but that is because hopefully they will build a series between the two, with maybe a dodgy finish on Monday leading to the rematch at the rumble.