Working Out / Exercise / Getting into Shape Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Greetings!

In thus thread, lets use it as a place to share workouts, stories, and even ask questions to one another. If you just want to share some workout advice, please add it here.

Exercise has shown to not only improve your physical health, but boost your mental health as well. It's been one of the main things that has kept me sane over the past two decades.

At the moment, I don't have a set workout schedule or routine. However, there are two days a week where me and my team I work with work out an hour before our shift starts. This lasts usually 30 minutes. One day is a H.I.I.T workout and the other is a weight training day.

The rest of the week, I try to go to my gym at least twice a week. Here I'll do 30 minutes of weight / Resistance training and then 15 to 30 minutes of Cardio. However, there are days where I go and jump on the ARC Trainer or Stair Climber for 45 to 60 mins.

When I'm pressed on time (which is most of the time) I'll workout in my back yard. My kids also like to join in and try to do some of the exercises. At home I'll do mainly body weight exercises such as jumping Jacks, push ups (various types), squats, etc. I do have a few bars and weights, where I'll do some dead lifts, rows, etc. For cardio, I'll do bear crawls, crab crawls, shrimp rolls, sprints, or if it's raining running in place under my carport. Even if it's just for 10 minutes.

Anyway, these are just some examples of what I do. There is no set schedule / workout. I just listen to my body, which is the most important thing to do. Listen to what your body tells you.

Just remember, just a 5 or 10 minute walk around your yard, apartment complex, or even the hallways of your home can perk you up.

As previously stated, please feel free to share your experiences.

Reactions: Hoss

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Yeah I've been working out steadily for going on 3 years now. Lost 40 pounds very quickly when I got back in the gym and have mostly maintained that. I would say that mid-year last year my consistency fell off a good bit and has been in flux ever since, though I've never taken any prolonged breaks in that time. I'm currently amdist a good month for myself again, working out 4 or 5 times a week steadily and feeling some good momentum, though I need to re-establish a good routine for the gym because I'm mostly coming up with my workouts on the day. Also started playing a little tennis, to go along with basketball and frisbee as outdoor activities I use to try to keep fit.

Reactions: Swamps

Vampire Quinn

The Guardian
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Wrestler
vampiro
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Ah yes, I need to start working out again... it's been Mega Months. My New Boyfriend keeps asking me to join with him at Planet Fitness. I get In for free...but I wanted to Join MY Gym with my Mother First sometime next paycheck. When I do work out, I work my Biceps, My Calve. Recentlt I've started getting back into doing Pull ups, sit ups. AB Workouts with a weighted Hula Hoop type. And I def work out my arms and back doing residential transfers at work since I've been an Assitied Living Care at a facility for just a little over a year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Swamps