Another Old School RAW?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwmania said:
There is talk that if WWE officials are satisfied with the rating for last night’s “Old Schoolâ€￾ episode of Raw, they’ll hold another one next year.

The show garnered an overall cable rating of 3.1, and a 3.2 during its regular time slot. The show averaged a 3.1 cable rating the prior five weeks.

I hope that the rating is high enough for them as it was a great show. It was a lot of fun and if they can get a few more recently retired wrestlers onto the show it would be excellent. A video promo from The Rock or SCSA would be huge and they should try to get them to do it for the next Old School RAW.

Would you like to see another Old School RAW?

Killz

Reaction score
I would definitely like to see another Old School Raw but in exactly the time frame they're suggesting. In a years time it should be just about special enough again but let's not overdo it. This was a really fun night and if it were to happen again with, as you say Troy, some sort of appearance or vignette from SCSA or The Rock that they could really promote it would be a superb night again. I enjoyed the show thoroughly and as long as they stay savvy and don't let it become stale I would not mind seeing this sort of emphasis on those that paved the way every bah gawd darn year.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Good point about ensuring there is a big enough gap between the shows. They need to leave it at least six months preferably more so that it is still fresh and not overdown. WWE have a habit of overdoing things, especially gimmick matches, so they may rush this again. I remember the last time WWE did a show like this, before this week's, they had a lot of stars from the attitude era and I think that next time they should get some more of them again. This time is was more like an eighties reunion and so next time bringing back more of those stars from the nineties would be a good idea. I would also prefer it if next time they didn't run it the week before a PPV. That way they don't have to pay as much attention to the PPV and storylines coming up and they can have a few more old school wrestlers in skits and matches.

The_RB_Brand

Reaction score
like the wwe hall of fame wwe old school should be a yearly thing. I think if they did wwe old school just around wwe hall of fame time..it would make a lot more sense dont you think?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
That would make a lot of sense. Book it either a month before or a month after the HOF and WM and then try to include all of those inducted on the show. Would remind fans about all the great names from the past who are forgotten so quickly.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I didn't mind the idea, but I think once a year is enough, anything else would be overkill. However I don't think a 3.1 is really strong enough to suggest the idea was a big hit, that shoulds like an avenge raw rating to me.

The_RB_Brand

Reaction score
@keith sure seems like an average raw rating how ever it wasn't an average raw that we see every week hence why it's a special rating.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I see what you are saying, but when you come up with a concept idea like that, then surely you are hopeing the rating is going to be above avenge. Sure for an experment they might be happy with it, but if they did it again and got roughly the same rating, or even lower, then that should tell them something.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I wouls love to see another Old school raw but I don't think it could ever be able to stick around as a yearly thing. IMO it would just get repetetive and we'd see everything over and over again.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Sure, but if you did it once a year then wouldn't that be less repetive than doing two or three times a year?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Once a year is enough, there a thing called too much of a good thing. Like MITB twice no wait thrice! in one year, and HITC three what three times in one PPV. Overkill, is what automatically comes to mind, and wasn't the concept of Saturday Nights Main Event the premise of bringing back old school?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I thought that they just used SNME as a way to get some airtime on a major network. Maybe the original intention for bringing it back was oldschool but recently it has just been like a regular tv episode of WWE but with both brands, a supered up Superstars.