Jericho's new DVD

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
It is a must see and must watch. The biography part of it was off the charts. The only better bios on a WWE DVD that I've seen is ECW and Eddie Guerrero. So really... if you're even somewhat remotely a fan of Jericho then get it. He has such a mind for the business it's amazing.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't think that it has been released in Australia yet but I was looking at getting it when it comes out. I hadn't heard much about it but now everyone is saying that the biography is excellent even if the match selection is a little disappointing. They have so much to cover as this is his first DVD and it was well overdue, glad to hear that WWE did a good job with it.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
A Jericho DVD is long over due. I hope they have included some the fantastic WCW Creiserwight matches with the likes of Malenko, Gurrura and Rey Mysterio, along with some of the great segments from his 98 heel run there. Also a couple of ECW matches to add depth. I know his first appearince in the US was in Smokey Montain Wrestling with Lance Storm, but I don't know if WWE would have the rights to this or not, I hope so. Really want to get this and the Ricky Steamboat one just released.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Well I'll try to clear the suspense for ya :p

They have 2 Smokey Mountain matches... one against each other and one as a tag team.
One ECW match against Cactus Jack
Then 3 WCW matches. Against Eddie Guerrero, Juvie, and against Dean Malenko

They have a couple of Thrill Seekers Vignettes, some old Jericho promos such as
The man of 1,004 holds" ARMBAR!

So it's a lot of WWE stuff but they have a little of the other stuff.

Even a match against Ultimo Dragon from Japan.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Sounds pretty good, I have never seen any of the SMW stuff, and the ECW match, and don't think I've seen the Ultimo Dragon match, so it sounds like a worth while buy, will intertesting to which WWF/WWE bouts they have chosen. I guess no chance of a Chris Benoit match, which is a shame because they had a cracking series in 2000.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Yeah there is absolutely no Benoit in the thing at all. I think I saw his name on a poster during the biography and that was it. But thankfully for me I have plenty of other DVDs with their matches on it... and I still have my Benoit DVD.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I didn't realise his SMW with Lance Storm were on there, just makes it even better. I have read great things about Thrillseekers vignettes so the ability to watch them in high quality on DVD is great. It is a shame that his work with Benoit is removed but understandable and like you said there are many other DVD's with his work on it.

Does the DVD include a lot of the promos he made after he first debuted in WWE?

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
It has his first debut promo with The Rock, one with Austin from '03, Another one with Rock, the Save Us Y2J... so not a lot of WWE promos on it. Not like The Rock's DVD that was full of promos... man they were too funny.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I think there sould be more non-WWE matches included, but it does sound like a good varity of things, and considering the guy has been involved in a whose who of Wrestling promotions at stand out periods, the bio bit should make for fine viewing.

xXSlaveXx

Reaction score
I'ma definitely pick this one up. Shame all of the intercontinental title matches aren't on there, that would have been a great idea to go on. Never watched his older stuff though so there's a lot of stuff to see.