JR

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
On this week's Old School RAW JR made a surprise appearance and commentated the match between Daniel Bryan and Jack Swagger. After that, and for a long time before, most have wanted JR to come back and be a regular commentator once again on RAW. Currently they have Jerry Lawler and Michael Cole so they have their two but could they make this a three man team? Or since Michael Cole is also part of the commentary team on Smackdown with Striker and Grisham could they move Cole and make it a two man team again on RAW?

Personally I would like to see JR back but if WWE still want Cole to be the lead guy on RAW make it a three way announce booth. Or to make it seem even more special make JR part of the PPV commentary team and thats it. Don't have him commentate weekly shows just save him to be part of the PPV team and possibly SNME commentary team. It will make these events more special having him commentate and it will make PPV's a bigger deal.

Would you like to see JR back? If so what events would you like him to commentate and what would the commentary teams be?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
To be honest I don't mind either way. I mean JR is a legend, and nothing is going to change that, but maybe apart from making one off appearences, I think he has had his day, and can play a big part behind the scenes. Having said that I am not a fan of The Lawler/Cole partnership, and I think that WWE need to introduce fresh blood.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
JR shows up for 15 minutes and is still the best play by play man ever. Its funny how someone who just calls the damn matches and doesn't go off with fake laughter and storytelling is infinitely better than what WWE PxP does now. JR is the best and having him on the show oly makes it better. I don't care how old he is, its not like he would be the first PxP to be old. Since a majority of them are.

Killz

Reaction score
I do not care what anyone says, whoever raves about Cole's progression or whatever WWE are trying to do with him and the Miz, JR back on commentary was one of my favourite WWE moments of the year. The guy is still the absolute best there is, was and likely ever will be doing Play by Play. WWE's problem? Their play by play guys rarely do what is typical of a play by play announcer. Bring him back says I, his class really showed.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
But in a way thats a bit like saying Ric Flair should still be wrestling regulary. Of couse Flair is one of the greats maybe ever, but his day is long since past. I am sure JR sounded great the other night, but if he was doing it week after week it is possible, he would start to go stale again.

Like I said the Lawler/Cole tendam is poor, but I don't think bring Ross back full-time is the answer, he might be better, but that would largely be in compeasion.