Manila Hostage Situation

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Has anyone else been following this tonight?

Two hours ago I was watching a show on sky news and they crossed to live coverage of a hostage situation in Manila, Phillipines. It had been going on for most of the day and what happened was a former police officer who was fired last year for extortion took the busload of Hong Kong tourists hostage armed with an M-16 and many other weapons. He had released three children a three or four adults during the day. Then the busdriver ran and escaped and told the media that everyone was dead.

When it crossed live I saw the SWAT team surround the bus and they were trying to get in. The hostage taker was still alive but staying quiet. He then fired a couple of shots and the police slightly backed off. Then after about an hour of watching the finally got the back door open, the front door wouldn't open because a body was blocking it. Remember at this stage everyone is presumed dead except for the killer.

Then two police climb in through the door with shields and guns and one gets shot and they jump back out the door. Another stand off and then the gunman fires about two dozen shots out one of the windows and hits one of the media standing a long way away.

Another stand-off but then the police throw in some tear gas bombs and shots are heard again. Then a body flops out the front door getting stuck on the door, it was the shooter.

Then the police go in and at least four people walked out alive! Plus more were alive but injured and carried out.

Dramatic two hours of television and thankfully the police didn't listen to the bus driver who said everyone was dead. Crazy footage, well done to the police for getting some people out alive and saving their lives.

Absolutely crazy situation and something I thought I would never see.