Mom upset after school sends son to psych ward

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I think they should have got with the mother and let them know what was going on and then made a decision with her as something is def up with him. However the school just can't go doing stuff like that without getting the parents go ahead.

Reaction score
The parents are consulted, but when the kid is writing messages about death and drawing graphic images such as this, then it's part of a teacher's duty of care to take action.

Rush

Banned
Reaction score
Neither side is in the right tbf, or in the wrong depending on your perspective.

The school needs to review its policies and proceedures, however it also did the right thing in taking action rather than letting it go and potentially manifesting into something worse.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
The school has no authority to send them to a psych ward without consulting with the mother AND the mother agreeing to go through with sending her son to the psych ward. If the mother says no then its a no. The school can do nothing to override a mother unless that mother is unfit. And by unfit I mean unstable. Deeply depressed, alcoholic, drug addict, etc. etc. etc.

Reaction score
The school has no authority to send them to a psych ward without consulting with the mother AND the mother agreeing to go through with sending her son to the psych ward. If the mother says no then its a no. The school can do nothing to override a mother unless that mother is unfit. And by unfit I mean unstable. Deeply depressed, alcoholic, drug addict, etc. etc. etc.

They do. If they feel a child is in danger, it's part of their duty of care to report it to the respective government agency (in this case the LAUSD).

Doesn't matter what the mother says or thinks, if it's bad enough to get reported to the LAUSD, then it was them who committed the kid to a psych ward, not the school.

The mother should of been observant of her kid and ensured that this didn't happen - surely similar drawings would of been made at home, I doubt it'd be a one off incident.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Okay so lets send every kid who draws a violent image or says they want to die to a psych ward. Shit would be filled to the max all around the world. Its highly likely he got it from a video game of some sort and was replicating the video game with his drawing.

Rush

Banned
Reaction score
the fact that you take such a blase attitude to a kid saying he wants to die and drawing images like that truly shows how fucked up America is if thats considered normal human behaviour by you.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Its not a big deal to draw a violent image. Kids draw them from the age of 6 until hell some people were drawing them in high school still. They are 9 times out of 10 based off of video games. GTA, WOW, Ninja Gaiden, COD, and Nazi Zombies are highly likely to have influenced this kid into drawing the photo.

Hell do we even know exactly what the drawing was? Until I see an image I say the school board overreacted to a very minor situation.

Kizza

Reaction score
parents sign documents allowing schools to react to these situations.

Reaction score
Okay so lets send every kid who draws a violent image or says they want to die to a psych ward. Shit would be filled to the max all around the world. Its highly likely he got it from a video game of some sort and was replicating the video game with his drawing.

Bullshit. And you're asinine to think that. 6 years old drawing those images and having those comments means something isn't right with the kid.

Its not a big deal to draw a violent image. Kids draw them from the age of 6 until hell some people were drawing them in high school still. They are 9 times out of 10 based off of video games. GTA, WOW, Ninja Gaiden, COD, and Nazi Zombies are highly likely to have influenced this kid into drawing the photo.

Hell do we even know exactly what the drawing was? Until I see an image I say the school board overreacted to a very minor situation.

No wonder the US has so much shit these days. Regardless of it being based off a video game or not, the kid said he wants to die. Um, to the psych ward he goes.

parents sign documents allowing schools to react to these situations.

This. Watch ol' phenners leave this thread now after being wronged yet again

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
What exactly did he write? Whose to say he didn't write 'I want kill' again referring to the video game.

Once again until a photo of this appears online the school overreacted.

Rush

Banned
Reaction score
it says he wanted to die. wanting to die =/= wanting to kill.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Wanting to kill could easily mean he was having trouble in a video game passing a level in which he had to kill some evil creature and drew that creature than wrote 'I want to kill' or 'I need to kill'