Was it a good idea to send Styles to RAW?

Roadster

Il Capitano
Administrator
Sep 29, 2017
United States of America
I've been thinking and I see people drooling for a Styles v. Rollins match, but that's basically all there is for him to do on RAW. It just seems kinda odd that Styles was supposed to be the SmackDown franchise player, but got sent to RAW and Reigns got sent to SmackDown. On the other hand, it does have a similar feel to Batista and Cena swapping places, but it just seems a little dumb.

Highspot

Failure is not an option
Administrator
Sep 29, 2017
I've been thinking and I see people drooling for a Styles v. Rollins match, but that's basically all there is for him to do on RAW. It just seems kinda odd that Styles was supposed to be the SmackDown franchise player, but got sent to RAW and Reigns got sent to SmackDown. On the other hand, it does have a similar feel to Batista and Cena swapping places, but it just seems a little dumb.
Maybe they want to boost the ratings by switching guys around. I am guessing they did that with Cena and Batista but they can always have them face off in PPV. I think they really need to call up guys from NXT like Adam Cole and others to bring some life into both Raw and Smackdown. Cut the talking down to five minutes and you will gain more viewers as well.

Davey Wrestling

is All In...
Super Moderator
Nov 18, 2018
The UK
I think the reality is that Styles probably only has a few years left in his career.

Given the way he's got over to the main event level in every promotion he's ever been in (lets ignore wCw), and with Lesnar probably heading back to UFC, it would be a big oversight for WWE to not see if he can move the ratings in a positive direction on the flagship show.

In terms of a business move, they'd be crazy not to try him on Raw.

In terms of what they do with him storyline wise... there I'm a little lost. Especially with Balor going the other way.

Roadster

Il Capitano
Administrator
Sep 29, 2017
United States of America
I think the reality is that Styles probably only has a few years left in his career.

Given the way he's got over to the main event level in every promotion he's ever been in (lets ignore wCw), and with Lesnar probably heading back to UFC, it would be a big oversight for WWE to not see if he can move the ratings in a positive direction on the flagship show.

In terms of a business move, they'd be crazy not to try him on Raw.

In terms of what they do with him storyline wise... there I'm a little lost. Especially with Balor going the other way.
Mcintyre, Rollins and Lashley seem like the main targets for him until the next draft.