WCW tie-in at WM27

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
pwpix.net

-- While the extent is unclear, with WrestleMania XXVII taking place in Atlanta, Georgia near the ten-year anniversary of the death of World Championship Wrestling, there will be some sort of tie-in involving the defunct wrestling promotion at the event.

It doesn't seem like they have been gone for 10 years, but I do wonder who all they could get to put on an attraction match for the show.

I'm not sure about Sting's contract situation at the moment, but I'm almost certain he won't be walking in the door.

Flair, Eric, and Hogan work for TNA so they can't do it.

Hall is a fuck up, so I doubt the count on him.

The leaves Nash, Booker, Goldberg, DDP, and who and as people that are seen as WCW guys that can be brought in, in your opinions?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
If Goldberg decided to comeback for one more match I think we could see a Jericho/Goldberg match or something. If Steiner's hate against WWE has calmed a bit we could see a Steiner reunion. Would be nice to see a Harlem Heat one nighter too.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I actually hope that the show goes over well enough for them to recreate Nitro and replace NXT with it so that we can have another minor brand like ECW with Tough Enough coming back.

I have to say that I actually miss that brand because having it seemed to give guys something productive to do and also not clutter SD's roster with guys they don't know how to use.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I don't see them going as far as to make WCW a brand because ECW was only brought back as a brand in the first place cause it had a following still. I do agree that they need a minor brand though because it was not only a good source of wrestling but you saw guys get a fair chance who would usually either be released or buried in the midcard.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
If Goldberg decided to comeback for one more match I think we could see a Jericho/Goldberg match or something. If Steiner's hate against WWE has calmed a bit we could see a Steiner reunion. Would be nice to see a Harlem Heat one nighter too.

I doubt Goldberg wants to work with Jericho again and get another ass kicking. :lmao

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Shit might turn into a shoot fight which would be pretty entertaining, lol. I think they still dislike each other to this day.

Kairi

Reaction score
maybe buff bagwell if they do anything at all.