Tyler Breeze talks return to the ring

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
breezereturn.webp

Earlier this month, former WWE wrestler Tyler Breeze returned to the ring for the first time in more than two years.

Breeze defeated Matt Cross at a show for Next Generation Wrestling in Nashville, Tennessee. Breeze won the NGW Championship in the match. It was his first time wrestling since being released by WWE in June 2021.

Breeze spoke about his return during an interview with A2D Radio. Breeze said he didn't expect to be away from the ring for two years, but he liked being home after he was on the road for so long. Breeze said being back in the ring is pretty cool and he's enjoying it.

It’s pretty cool, man. I never really planned on taking two years off, but after doing this for 15 years and being in WWE for 11 years to where I really didn’t take any time off. I was lucky I didn’t have any surgeries, I took care of myself pretty good, but I was on the road going. So when I finally got that call, I was like, 'Alright. I’m just gonna chill for a little bit.' And then I really liked it and then I liked being home and then all of a sudden, I went, 'Hmm, yeah, I’m just gonna keep doing this.' And then it was like a year turned into two years. I still got to scratch the wrestling itch a little bit with Flatbacks [training school] with training people, but I wasn’t really missing like being on the road at all. I really liked being at home, I liked waking up in my bed and making breakfast and just typical stuff that people take for granted that I never got to do.
So, again, I was in no real hurry. I was like, 'Ah, if something happens, if something pops up that could be really fun, maybe I’ll do.' But really for the most part, I wasn’t against it but I wasn’t missing it. And then it just so happens that [Shawn] Spears, who I train with, he went, ‘Hey, I need an opponent for a match. Would you want to do it?’ And I said, ‘Sure, I could do that.’ So I was like, ‘Well, I’ll do one, I’ll do one.’ And then that same promoter was like, ‘Oh, would you also like to do this show and this show?’ And I went, ‘Yeah, I might as well. Why not?’ So then, somebody saw that so then all of a sudden, they offered me and then all of a sudden, my September’s full of bookings and everything else and I went, 'Alright, I guess I’m back here.' So then it was, you know, kick into high gear to get new music, new gear, get in shape, all that stuff.
My first booking was what -- a week ago, two weeks ago -- and yeah, it was fun, man. The thing that you always, and I think it’s the reason why we do this or why people have a hard time stepping away, is the crowd. The crowd is always -- like it’s just so fun. Wrestling is never the problem, like if people get entitled or they get egos or they get whatever, the wrestling part is never the problem. The wrestling and the crowd is why we do it. It’s so fun, man. Being back in front of them, very cool. I’m excited to take more bookings and kind of get back out there. Again, it’s been two years. So. jumping back in there, it feels a little bit fresh and it feels fun and I’m enjoying it.

A2D Radio asked Breeze if he thinks there's a chance he could wrestle for a bigger promotion like WWE, AEW or Impact Wrestling. Breeze said he's open to it, but it's not something that he's actively seeking out.

I think it’s possible. I definitely wouldn’t say that I’m retired or opposed to any of that. Obviously, I’m still young, I’m still athletic, and I still do all the stuff that I did before. I think if the right moment, right opportunity popped up and talked to the right people and everything lined up, I’d go, 'Yeah, cool. Why not?' But I’m not actively seeking it either. I like everything that’s going on right now. I’m very, very happy with everything that’s going on. If something popped up that could add to that happiness, fantastic. But, yeah, I’m open to whatever.

Breeze said he still has a great relationship with WWE and has guest coached at the Performance Center here and there. Breeze is also still part of Xavier Woods' UpUpDownDown YouTube channel.

Breeze's full interview with A2D Radio is available to watch below:

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Id love to see them tag in Impact for sure. would also selfishly be happy even with a few on off programs with FTR and the Bucks

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Breeze be nice to have in impact for sure. I do think he also be great add to ROH