2010 Delhi Commonwealth Games

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi, India are meant to start of the 14th of October. The problem is that, even though they have had seven years to build everything, most of the buildings and stadiums are not yet finished. Pathways and buildings have collapsed in the past few days, reports of children working on the sites and reports of a flithy athletes village have come out in the last week. This is all on top of the fact that India is an incredibly dangerous place to travel to with terrorist attacks happen all the time.

The whole thing is a mess and now I bet that all those who voted wish they had selected Hamilton, Ontario, Canada instead as there is no doubt Canada would have everything prepared ahead of time and it would have been safe to go to. It is so far behind and already athletes have pulled out from the games fearing for their own safety.

The event will be a disaster and I certainly wouldn't go if it was me. It just goes to show that there is a huge risk giving it to a developing country like India, China was fine for the Olympics because they have plenty of money, a better standard of living, better work ethic and just a better attitude in general to putting on a good show.

Normally I like events like the Commonwealth Games and Olympics but this time I really don't want Australia to go and compete because I believe that athletes will be attacked or injured just from poor building work on this trip.

What does everyone else think of the Games build-up? Do you want your countries athletes to go? Will you be watching it?