Chelsea Handler Admits Abortion / Slams 16 & Pregnant

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rated PG-13

Reaction score
Hall of Famer Mike Gartner resigns from NHLPA

TORONTO (AP) -Hall of Famer Mike Gartner resigned from the NHL Players' Association on Monday night, about a week after two top union officials were placed on leave because of allegations they ordered the monitoring of NHLPA player e-mail.

Gartner began a conference call with the players' executive board with his announcement that he was leaving as the NHLPA's director of hockey affairs. He had been with the union for eight years.

"This decision was made with careful thought and consideration and has been contemplated over an extended period of time," Gartner said in a statement. "I leave with great reservation due to my long-standing involvement with the Players' Association and in light of the current circumstances affecting the union. I am sincerely troubled by the recent revelations and am hopeful that the Association can move forward and be restored to a level of respect worthy of its members."

NHLPA executive director Ted Saskin and senior director Ken Kim were placed on paid leave March 11.

The player reps voted to retain outside counsel to "address the employment issues surrounding Mr. Saskin and Mr. Kim," the union said in a statement.

Toronto attorney Chris Paliare will counsel the executive board on whether to pay off whatever severance package Saskin and Kim are entitled to or whether there are grounds to fire them.

An internal review in the hiring of Saskin is also ongoing.

The turmoil within the union ranks follows a contentious labor agreement that saw the union yield to a salary cap.

Gartner joined the NHLPA in 1999 as its director of business relations following a 19-year playing career. Gartner helped improve the pensions for current and former players. Gartner was named director of hockey affairs in 2006.

Kairi

Reaction score
Lots of people are not fans of the Teen Mom phenomenon. Add Chelsea Handler to that list, and for some surprisingly personal reasons, she revealed.

The E! star described her own personal ordeal with teen pregnancy and the choice that changed her life in an interview
with the New York Times.

“We need to be focusing on other things. We’re seeking out such grossness in human behavior and want such mindless entertainment," she says.

"The Real Housewives of Atlanta and some of these other shows are just racist. Or 16 and Pregnant. Getting rewarded for being pregnant when you’re a teenager? Are you serious? I mean, that makes me want to kill somebody.â€

Chelsea Handler knows this situation personally, confessing that she was a pregnant teen who exercised her right to choose, which she's grateful she has.

“I had an abortion when I was 16. Because that’s what I should have done,†Chelsea blantantly states. “Otherwise I would now have a 20-year-old kid."

"Those are things that people shouldn’t be dishonest about.â€
You have to hand it to the Handler. She does not mince words and is not shy about who she is, even if that means a lot of people won't like what she is.