TNA Inducting Kurt Angle Into Their Hall of Fame Next Month In London

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
- TNA announced the following today:

Kurt Angle is to be inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame during the company’s trip to the UK and Ireland for its MAXIMUM IMPACT VI Tour.

Olympic Gold Medalist and IMPACT WRESTLING Superstar Kurt announced the news earlier today during an appearance on the popular Sunday Brunch TV show, shown on Channel 4. Hosted by Tim Lovejoy and Simon Rimmer, it is watched by more than one million people.

Angle will be inducted to the prestigious TNA Hall of Fame this Saturday, February 1, during the London leg of the Tour at Wembley Arena. A limited number of seats remain available for what will be a historic event. Tickets can be purchased from www.ticketmaster.co.uk, www.gigsandtours.com/tour/tna-wrestling or direct from the Wembley Arena box office.

Angle said: “There are some things I wanted to accomplish before accepting induction into the TNA Hall of Fame, and now I’m ready. I’m thankful I have been able to do this in my own time. The phenomenal wrestling fans in London will be part of this memorable and emotional night this Saturday.”

The star recently listed London as one of the top 10 wrestling cities in the world and added: “Wembley is such a storied venue, and with thousands of fans it will be a perfect setting for the induction ceremony. A majority of my life has been dedicated to achieving success as a wrestler. Being inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame is an accomplishment and an honor I will forever cherish.”

Angle becomes the second inductee into the TNA Hall of Fame, following the inaugural induction in 2012 of “The Icon” Sting.

Angle, who was a collegiate champion and won a Gold Medal in the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta, seamlessly transitioned from his domination as an amateur wrestler to being a professional wrestling phenomenon.

The only Olympic Gold Medalist in the history of professional wrestling, Angle created incredible buzz when in 2006 he joined TNA. Kurt is one of the most decorated champions in TNA history having won every major championship including the TNA World Heavyweight Championship five times.

Known as the “Cyborg”, Angle is venerated for his physicality, revered for his tenacity and esteemed for his leadership inside and outside of the ring. Among Angle’s numerous awards and accolades, perhaps most profound is the recognition he often receives among his colleagues as the best professional wrestler of all time; a man of solid character and great leadership who dedicates himself to the sport and its fans.

“I am privileged to be a witness to the Kurt Angle story. His influence on wrestling is unrivaled in this sport, or any other,” said TNA Executive Vice President John Gaburick. “TNA is grateful for Kurt’s continued devotion and contributions to our organisation, this business and to the fans.”

In addition to witnessing Angle’s induction into the TNA Hall of Fame, fans attending the Wembley Arena event will be part of a live taping of the weekly IMPACT WRESTLING broadcast, viewed by millions in more than 120 countries around the world.
First of all PRESTIGIOUS TNA Hall Of Fame :lmao and secondly, what has he accomplished in the months between Bound For Glory I think it was when he initially turned down the induction to now? Just take the spot and get the fuck out of there Kurt and back to the WWE already.

Reactions: punk13

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
It's pretty funny that a company like TNA even has a "Hall of Fame" in the first place. It's kind of like how they hand a ribbon to every kid that was apart of their school field day.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I doubt he would've taken the spot if he wasn't leaving. Plus how the fuck wasn't Jarrett the first in?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I doubt he would've taken the spot if he wasn't leaving. Plus how the fuck wasn't Jarrett the first in?

We've been asking this for years. I always thought they should have inducted Jerry first.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
:lmao TNA just wanted to do this so they could be the first to induct him as they're scared he will be going back to WWE down the line. Probably more than ever when his upcoming contract is up.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I am really confused! First of all I thought Kurt had already gone in, and second I thought Sting was the first inductee? WTF!

A TNA HOF could work if they themed it on home grown talent.

I honstly don't see Kurt leaving for awhile.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
It was already a joke when they were only 10 years into existence announcin' they were gonna do a Hall of Fame. They can't even do legit Hall of Fame classes yet like any REAL sport company would do. They just select one random legend for the award and not even into the second year of the thing did they keep it kayfabe. It has already turned into an angle which kills all the glory of such a thing compared to any other Hall of Fame. Angle should have just said flat out no when he was offered this garbage in the first place.

This is like the equivalent of being promoted at the dump.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I hope he turns it down again in all honesty. And says if he doesn't win the world title he can't go through with it, then make it a running gag gimmick where he keeps delaying it.

BB

Reaction score
I think TNA is not old enough to have a Hall of Fame. Arguably they lack history and they have only been in business for something like 11 years or so. If I recall correctly their first two Hall of Fame ceremonies took place in hotels...and with the greatest of respect it automatically makes TNA look like an indy company. What they should do is attempt to fill small arenas and build on the successes and work on the failures each year. Anyway, Kurt Angle should be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame - it actually means something.