*Spoilers* WWE Smackdown Taping Results For 11-19

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
WWE Smackdown (Airing November 19, 2010)
Alberto Del Rio opened the show with a promo, slamming the Legends and talking about beating Sergeant Slaughter Monday night. MVP came out to take up for the legends. Del Rio told MVP that the reason he likes the legends is that he’ll never be one, while Del Rio already is one.. MVP challenged Del Rio to a match, but Del Rio said no, because MVP “couldn’t handle himâ€. Del Rio said that since MVP wants a fight, he can fight one of Del Rio’s teammates on Sunday, Drew McIntyre. MVP beat McIntyre after hitting the Drive-By.

Edge had a backstage bit taunting Paul Bearer, who was still tied up and in the wheelchair. I couldn’t hear what he was saying, though, because the audio isn’t very good at the arena. After commercial, Kane tore up Teddy Long’s office screaming “where is he?†I guess he thought that Teddy knew where Edge was keeping Paul Bearer.
Jack Swagger defeated Chris Masters with the anklelock in a short match. This was followed by another Edge-Paul Bearer vignette.

Kaval was in the ring, and Dolph Ziggler came out cutting a promo on him about all his “internet fans†think he’s “specialâ€, but Dolph’s going to show them that he’s not. Kaval beat Dolph Ziggler in the match that followed, and then reminded Dolph that he was the season 2 NXT champion, and the champion got a championship match at a PPV of his choosing. He then announced he was going to face Dolph for the Intercontinental title at Survivor Series.

Cody Rhodes beat Kofi Kingston with the Cross Rhodes in what I thought was a pretty good match. This was followed by another Kane backstage bit trying to find Edge and Paul Bearer.

LayCool beat Kelly Kelly and Natalya after Layla pinned Natalya, followed by a backstage bit where Edge used Paul Bearer as bait to attack Kane and then drove off with Paul Bearer.

Big Show beat Tyler Reks with a chokeslam in pretty much a squash match.

Rey Mysterio beat Alberto Del Rio by DQ when the rest of Team Del Rio ran in to attack Rey. The rest of Team Mysterio made the save, then Teddy Long came out to announce a “Survivor Series Preview Battle Royalâ€, since all 10 men in the match were already in the ring.

Eliminations in the battle royal:
Chris Masters eliminated Cody Rhodes
Tyler Reks (?) eliminated Masters
Kofi eliminated Reks
Drew McInyre eliminated Kofi
Del Rio eliminated MVP
Big Show eliminated Drew
Rey eliminated Del Rio
Big Show (with an assist by Rey) eliminated Jack Swagger to win the match, then the two of them celebrated to go off the air

So Paul Bearer is still in the wheelchair after the trip back from England? Doesn't make much sense and I wish they had more for the WHC on the show before Survivor Series.

I don't mind that Kaval is using his championship match to challenge for the Intercontinental title. At the moment I really can't see the point having Kaval face Kane for the WHC so the IC title is a nice step up. It should be a good match between Ziggler and Kaval at the PPV.

This show is similar to the one that was before Bragging Rights where one team faces the other in numerous matches throughout the show. The mainevent sounds alright and I would rather see this than another singles match since it gets the entire teams involved and makes it about the entire team rather than the one feud.