So they've started showing WEC events on some UK "Extreme Sports" network

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SnackZ

Reaction score
New Dx Sig (animated)

PLAYING AROUND IN PHOTOSHOP AND IMAGEREADY. PROBABLY NOT MY BEST WORK BUT IT WAS FUN. FEEDBACK APPRECIATED.

dx2sf2.gif

KANNIBAL

Reaction score
The animation is not that bad, couple of tweaks here and there but not bad. HBK on the left and HHH on the right look too bright, but thats probably just my screen.

The GBS stuff kills it though, Id make the "Are you Ready" appear word by word and not coming from across, just some of my opinions. I see youve been messing with ImageReady, nice job.

The concept is real good though, real good.

ven0m

Reaction score
Too Slow

Hi There.....

Great design......the animation is a bit slow......try and speed up the frames s bit and lets see how it looks then....

V

SnackZ

Reaction score
The background is like a beating heart. Its green 'cause DX is green. Does anyone notice the background beating along with the amp signal? Just wanted to point that out. Thanks for the feedback.

WeztSide

Reaction score
nice job i like it keep up the good work man :D

Donkey Punch

Reaction score
On Sunday they had '38: Varner vs. Cerrone', last night they had '41: Brown vs. Faber II'. Not sure why they decided to skip 39 and 40, but they're showing those next Saturday. 42 is tonight, 43 tomorrow, 44 the day after, etc.

I fell out of the loop around 42: Torres vs. Bowles (had already stopped really following most MMA, including UFC, around the turn of 2009, but I kept up with WEC until the second half of '09). What are some of the better WEC events post-42? Gonna make a point of watching each event up until 53 (assuming they show everything right through to the point it was absorbed by UFC) and I'm wondering what I should be looking out for.

38 was a really good card, btw. I remember watching Cerrone/Varner on a stream and being fucking CRUSHED when Cerrone caught him with that knee on the ground and they had to stop the fight. Might not have made any difference in the end anyway since he still lost the decision, but man, I was a huge Donald Cerrone fan and that left me totally deflated.

41 was another Hell of a card. Cerrone looked awesome against James Krause, Jose Aldo smashed Cub Swanson with THAT flying knee in about 10 seconds, and the Scott Jorgenson/Antonio Banuelas fight was fucking AAAAWESOME. Faber/Brown was really good, too. I don't remember who I went with going into the fight, but I do remember thinking Faber had an uphill battle as soon as the hand went. Dude couldn't even throw punches past the first round. Landed some nice elbows and generally adapted to it really well, but at that point in time against Mike Brown, you kind of needed two fucking hands.

So yeah, what do I have to look forward to?

Ben

Reaction score
Pretty much anything WEC is a good watch, they put on a ton of good fights post 42, and off the top of my head I'll just post some solid fights I remeber from some of the cards.

WEC 43: Henderson/Cerrone
WEC 45: Jorgenson/Mizugazki
WEC 46: Faber/Assunaco
WEC 46: Varner/Henderson
WEC 48: Banuelos/Jorgenson
WEC 48: Aldo/Faber

The whole WEC 53 cards was solid and Pettis/Henderson was beyond awesome. I'd suggest just watch them all, as there's going to be at least one or two matches minimum on the cards that your going to like. WEC put on great shows from the frame there showing so your not going to be dissapointed.

Guys like Pettis, Henderson, Jorgenson, Cruz, Aldo, Faber, and Mendez are all guys that if you haven't seen fight your missing out, as I think there some of the top guys just to name a few that broke out during this run of events.

Donkey Punch

Reaction score
I kind of caught the tail end of Cruz and Jorgenson really breaking out, but by the time I stopped following it event-to-event, Aldo was a guy whose stock was already pretty huge even amongst casual MMA fans.

Watched 42: Torres v Bowles last night. I remember the Benavidez v Cruz fight being awesome, but they cut the 2nd round out of the broadcast last night for whatever Blue reason. Torres being knocked out the way he was was pretty shocking at the time. That was the last Torres fight I saw (I think), so I'm interested in seeing where he winds up going from there, because everything from that point forward is more or less new to me.

Rush

Banned
Reaction score
honestly i can't remember watching a WEC event that i didn't enjoy. Was by far the best MMA promotion. So yeah, watch it all.

Rush

Banned
Reaction score
I recorded one yday, I'm not entirely sure what WEC is though if I'm honest. (yes I know its MMA).

Rush

Banned
Reaction score
WEC was owned by Reed Harris who eventually sold it to Zuffa (which owns the UFC). Zuffa dropped the higher weight classes and catered to the lighter guys (LW - 155lbs, FW - 145 lbs, BM - 135 lbs).

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Guys are you serious right now?

You forgot to say Leonard Garcia v Korean Zombie.

:mad:

It was a really fun fight. If you can forget about Nam Phan schooling Garcia, he looks a beast here.

I didn't know they were on Extreme Sports tho, nice tip off broskis.

Rush

Banned
Reaction score
garcia/korean zombie was a sloppy slugfest. already saw it done with griffin/bonnar. it was good but FOTY? far from it.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I like sloppy slugfests though, being a boxing fan too.

Thats why I mark for Akiyama and Lytle.

:mad: