NBA Off-Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Re: NBA Regular Season Discussion Thread

I knew that already and I had already said:

Ron got benched and Mitch said his trade talks wasn't a threat during the game, so I guess we know who will be the one to bite the bullet if they can find a taker.
This has been building all year. It was Brown and Barnes taking his time ealier, and now it is Blake with Kobe defending the best guy and having much more success than Ron with his legs under him.

I just don't see who the likely targets could be outside the obvious.
- Melo (my pipe dream but would involve Bynum as well)
- Rip (possible if Detoit ate Luke's deal but the malice at the palace hurts)
- Mayo (value has never been lower and Kobe/Phil were always high on him)
- Prince (see Rip)
- Hinrich (I guess with Thronton and Howard being in flip's doghouse)
- Crash, Jack, or Iggy (all have horrible deals and like wouldn't take back Luke)
- Battier (the team that Ron would best be suited for)

If Shannon didn't have the option to veto any trade with himself in it, making a deal would be easy

SAL

Reaction score

Nobody's taking Artest's contract. LOLOL

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Don't doubt Mitch.

Ron's problems according to Stephen A
- Kobe is too hard on him and expects him to work too hard
- Phil is overly critical in front of the team
- Kobe and Phil praise Barnes too much

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

How did Shannon of all people get a veto clause in his contract?

And damn the Bucks are shooting like shit right now.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

How did Shannon of all people get a veto clause in his contract?

And damn the Bucks are shooting like shit right now.

Because LA only had his early bird rights when they re-signed him last summer. He would have to waive his bird rights to be part of any trade, thus giving him veto power like Deaven George had when he stopped the initial Jason Kidd to Dallas trade.

Bynum for Melo was discussed as well on ESPN radio and according to Stein, Denver told them they were interested in him but worried about his health after the bone bruise to the knee just forced him to miss a game. I know some will say why Bynum, but the fact he is guaranteed a salary next year and then a team has the choice to either pick up his option, offer him an extension, or let him go and get cap space is what apparently intrigued them as well as his potential.

Sal and Mak you may also get your wish as George Lopez is holding a campaign saying vote Fisher for Skills Competition to represent "LA's finest" :lol:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

It shouldn't take the latest injury to worry them about his health. It's been the story of his career so far. Like I said tho I say Melo is headed to the Knicks in due time.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

I think Denver would rather pay a big ass young C close to max money (less than K-Mart is being paid now) for 1 year over Wilson Chandler for multiple years. If Chandler wasn't a RFA looking for 12mil a year, Melo would already be a Knick imo. Karl doesn't value Gallo and Fields according to reports which is the main hold up. I'll say it right now though, on the less than 1% chance they could turn Bynum into Melo, I'd be happy with the end result (just pick up Murphy when he get bought out to come off the bench behind Pau and Lamar).

LA is supposedly trying to see what assets it would cost them to get OJ Mayo according to Eric Pincus and Stein as well. They have like 4 second rounders and a big TPE worth more than the first year of the MLE, but their best asset to shop to Memphis for him in my opinion is Brown who can't be fucking moved

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski: Y! Sports has obtained list of All-Star reserves.

Eastern Con: R. Allen, P. Pierce, R. Rondo, K. Garnett, C. Bosh, A. Horford, J. Johnson,

Western Conference All-Star reserves: T. Duncan, P. Gasol, R. Westbrook, B. Griffin, M. Ginobili, D. Nowitzki, and D. Williams.
Knew Love wasn't making it as there were too many justifications against it. Come on Stern, give me and other Laker fans Odom damn it

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Damn near all the starters of the Celtics in there :lol: sucks that Love didn't make it in though.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Non-homer vote: Aldridge

SAL

Reaction score

Knew Love wasn't making it as there were too many justifications against it. Come on Stern, give me and other Laker fans Odom damn it

I don't remember if you agree with the common (dumb) thinking, that players on bad teams can't possibly be all-stars. Either way:

Eventually, the All-Star Game will just be the teams with the best record in each conference playing each other. Because winning = stars.

http://twitter.com/#!/freemaneric/status/33312537172914176

Damn near all the starters of the Celtics in there :lol: sucks that Love didn't make it in though.

Jesus, even I don't like all 4 of them there. For one, I'd rather they get some rest. On top of that, this is an event for everybody, and they should make an effort to recognize more teams. For example, I don't know that Felton's been better than any of the Celtics, but I think it's a better event if he's there. Joe Johnson can GTFO too, actually.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

I want Odom to be Stern's choice and feel he should have been picked over Pau, but in all honesty the replacement player should rightfully be Tony Parker. That team has the best record not only in the better conference but in the league. They should have 3 players if Boston gets four especially since Parker has legit been the second best player and offensive option behind Manu (Duncan is the anchor)

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score

PSYCH, nobody fucking cares about Odom. If 21 and 15 doesn't get you in the game, 15 and 10 shouldn't either.

SAL

Reaction score

Oh my god. Tony Parker? Just because the Spurs have a great record? You have to be the only one clamoring for this. Love, Aldridge, Monta, Eric Gordon, some pothead, Zach Randolph, Steve Nash...I think they all deserve it over Parker. Why would you want one team hogging all the spots anyway? That's no fun.

Charles fuckin Barkley: "Lots of players on bad teams score points. You can't fake rebounds."