Made My Decision

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Alright, after reading everything that has been posted the last few days by members and giving it some thought I have made my decision about what direction the fed on WS will take. Note that in deciding this I took into account what I thought would fit best on WrestlingSmarks.

CAW

It will be a CAW fed. This means that no real wrestlers are allowed in this fed. The reasoning behind this is it takes a bit more creativity and you can be the wrestler that you dream to be rather than just copying a real life wrestler. I also made this decision since this site is called WrestlingSmarks and I think that a CAW fed fits in so much better here. It means that people can't just steal promos from real life and use them as there own and makes them create a whole new persona. In saying that you can certainly base you character on a real life wrestler. If your favourite wrestler is SCSA then you can make a guy who drinks beer after matches, that is fine you just have to give it your own touch.

Frequency of Shows

The format of this fed will be that there is a show every fortnight. There will be a regular show and then PPV's as well. The format will be Show 1, Show 2, Show 3, PPV 1, Show 4, Show 5, Show 6, PPV 2 etc. with a two week gap between each event. So there will be three regular shows and then a PPV. That gives plenty of time to build storylines for the PPV and gives people a long time to TT for all the shows.

Word limit

There will be no word limit, people know when there promo is done and that may be 700 words or it may be 1500 words. There will be no limit but in saying that anyone that writes 5k after someone wrote 1k probably won't be looked upon kindly by the rest of the staff and members. So there is no word limit but there is a promo limit and it will be different for regular shows and for PPV's. I am flexible on this and have been tossing up the idea of 1-3 for regular shows and 3-5 for PPV's. Preferably I would like to set it at 1 per regular show and 3 per PPV but I will take comments on that. 3/5 would be my limit. One key thing is that the number of promos per person in a match will preferably be equal, this is to stop people from posting an extra promo right before the deadline therefore unfairly having an extra promo.

Staff

Currently two people have offered to help here so the staff will be Andrew and Slave. If anyone else wants to help write then please contact me and let me know. I will not be part of the fed staff but as admin I will be keeping a close eye on the fed making sure that everything is running well.

Number of Wrestlers per Member

It is very simple, each member can either have one singles wrestler or one tag team.​

Other

RP vs TT - Honestly people have tried to explain the difference between the two to me and I still don't have a clue. I was part of IWA and the way I thought of it was for each promo I would focus on three key things. The match that I was to be part of, the opponent(s) who I was facing and the character development of my wrestler. Each promo would revolve around those three things. They are meant to be used to get your wrestler over and tell the storyline about them whilst also discussing the match and opponent. I guess that means it is RP but like I said I honestly don't know the difference. Basically write them as if it were a Promo.

Name of Fed and Show - Haven't decided yet and I will discuss this with the fed staff. Leaning towards having Smarks at the front with generic stuff following it. SWA - Smarks Wrestling Association or SWF - Smarks Wrestling Federation or SCW - Smarks Championship Wrestling etc.

Rules - Mainly it is just the forum rules and maybe one or two more things like about when you can be cut. This will be much more relaxed though and it won't be the end of the world if something happens in the fed.

Day of Shows - Will be discussed with staff. PPV's most likely on weekend with the shows midweek. There is plenty of time between shows so it shouldn't really matter what day the shows are.

Titles - Will be decided by staff in the coming days. It will depend on the number of members.

Rankings System - There may be a rankings system in place so people can see where they are in the title divisions.​

I probably have missed something but that is all I can think of at the moment.

I will get together with staff soon and work out these other issues. We will then get some threads up with all the info in them about the fed, letting people know what the fed is about, who the staff are, when everything is etc. There will also be a new sign-up thread but some who already had CAW's in UWF can just let us know if they want to keep them but that will be mentioned in the thread when it is posted. The UWF stuff will be cleaned up and moved as well.

Please give us a few days to get things organised and settled.

Also please leave thoughts and comments, postivie or negative, about the decisions that I have listed here.

Thanks

Troy

Reaction score
Woohooo that means my character can come to life!!! lol. So when do you want to start building the thread to make your character? I agree with the decision and I think this can be a good strong move and hope this can work! As far as help is concerns I would only liked to be used as an emergency writer if I have the time, because I do not want to let anyone down if my schedule gets a little bit too busy.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
There are some things that needed to be sorted out between staff and so until that is done hold off on posting any sign-up threads. We will get one posted soon enough and we will clear out the sign-ups sections to show which characters from UWF will be remaining active.

Lewb

Reaction score
This will be a first for me, to create my own superstar. I know i voted for real wrestlers but had a chat with a few people and really getting excited about growing my own character! Can't wait for things to get put into place!

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Love it Troy, I am not home at the moment but we've set it on for a Tuesday because it is a day where it is much easier, besides Turbulance was Tuesdays as well.

The show name will be called: RIOT!

Think I just covered what you needed.

SCW, I like. Hope Slave does too.

Sam

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
williamregal
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Can I just ask, does say, a 5 guy faction deal come under tag team?... just wonderin' s'all.

I'm happy it's going to be CAWs because I'll be able to spread my creative wings and fly to creativity land, metaphorically speaikng that is.

I'm always willing to help out too guys, remember that and PM me if you need anything .

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
At the moment I can't give you a definitive yes/no answer on that Sam, will need to get the staff to discuss it in the staff room. Once the sign-up thread is posted and the info thread is posted then I assume that decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Great to hear that you are offering to help I will make a note of it and will remind Andrew and Slave if they need help.

By the way Andrew and Slave get into the Staff section for the fed please and respond to my thread there.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2