Masters in line for a push

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

???

Banned
Reaction score
Yoshi gets a moderate pop at best and has no scope to build into anything more than a lower midcard act based on both his look, charisma and gimmick. Masters gets strong pops and has the look and charisma to go a lot further with a more defined gimmick. Who would be wiser to push? I can't possibly decide. There are absolutely no grounds to believe Yoshi deserves a push more either seen as Masters has put on better matches, at least has some connection with the mainstream appearance through connecting with the crowd, and has been with the company for longer, thus done more to pay his dues.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
There is no way in hell Masters would ever be a main event babyface. He proved in 06 that he can't be one as a heel so lets give neither of them a main event push and keep both of them in the mid card where they belong.

Also when in the fuck has Masters ever got a "strong" pop? He gets no reaction most of the time because people STILL don't recognize his theme music. People know Yoshi's as soon as it comes on and he gets a much stronger reception than Masters ever has as a face. He is also a much better worker than Masters is i.e. vs Tyson Kidd last week. Sure he needs to work on his buzzsaw like kicks ala Tajiri to make them look more effective but Masters needs to work on almost everything.

???

Banned
Reaction score
I never said he should be a main event face, but he could easily be a jobber to the stars. He can make even the worst main eventer look like gold, as he showed with his match with Kane last year. That's further than Yoshi should ever go, as he doesn't have the size, the look or the charisma to be anywhere near the stars.

He gets a strong pop during his matches, which you obviously haven't been watching. The crowd seems to be able to get into it regardless of who he's facing and support him when he makes his comeback as the face-in-peril as well as when he runs through his offense. I don't see how he needs to work on everything either when he clearly has a good grasp on in-ring psychology, knows how to sell and has offense that looks effective. Granted, everyone has room to improve, but he's certainly not bad like you seem to be indicating with no matches to prove it. Yoshi has pretty good matches with people like Kidd and Ryder most weeks, but Masters has shown, as I said earlier, that he can go by working with Kane to have a better match than Yoshi has ever had.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
First off I watch Superstars every week and the only reason Masters looks good is because he is put in there with amazing workers such as Curt Hawkins and Chavo Guerrero (Who can carry anybody to a good match).

Second. Yoshi could do wonders facing Kane but the bookers would never give him the chance to shine because of his size i.e. how they were doing with Evan Bourne before he was hurt. Sure they put him in a tag match when Orton was out in June but because Vince can't believe in a persons size unless there name is Shawn Michaels or Rey Mysterio then you aren't going anywhere in the WWE. Which is why I hate to say it but I can't wait for hhh to take full control because he knows guys like Evan Bourne can do wonders in the main event scene even if only there to be a jobber.

Rush

Banned
Reaction score
He is very good, solid in ring performer. Nothing wonderful, just works what he does, like mentioned above his match with Kane showed he can put on good matches with not so good opponents. He has the look to be in the upper cards and he has an over move, the Masterlock (broken once by Lashley) is a solid main event like finisher.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I don't mind Masters at all at the moment. Hell, he and Carlito were my two favourite heels on Raw at one point. I can't see how one could think Masters doesn't deserve a shot again this time around since he's working harder now than probably ever.

And yeah, while he may not get big pops from his entrance or anything (i miss his old full-on heel entrance), the Masterlock is still surprisingly over and gets huge reactions at times.

Dante Cross

Reaction score
The Masterlock has long ago taken the name of the Full Nelson