Australia has a new PM

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It happened yesterday and it happened quickly. Within the space of twelve hours Kevin Rudd, the former prime minister, went from leader to outsider in the Labor party and his deputy leader Julia Gillard won the vote to be new leader unchallenged as he stepped down at the last minute.

He had to go since he had backflipped on all his promises and had no credibility left. Smart by him to step down as he had no chance of winning the in party vote and it would have damaged his reputation even more. Rudd is the first Australian PM in decades not to last a first term.

I was surprised that Gillard was chosen to lead since she agreed with everything Rudd did and so is responsible for the mistakes he made as well. I hope she doesn't last long as I vote Liberal so I would rather my party be in charge and get the country back on track and keep the unions down.

New era for Australia with Gillard being our first ever Prime Minister and the first PM who is a ranga(red hair).

Thoughts?