Smackdown Mainevent Scene

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Smackdown is now without Edge and the Undertaker. Their two top face maineventers are gone with Edge to never return and Undertaker highly unlikely to return for many months. With Smackdown losing their two top stars what will the Smackdown mainevent scene look like and who could step up and fill those gaps.

Alberto Del Rio
Big Show
Christian
Kane
Rey Mysterio

The guys listed above are ones that have either won the big title or have recently been in the mainevent scene. Kane, Big Show and Rey Mysterio are three guys that could also go back into the title scene at the drop of a hat. They are all veterans and are credible in the title scene. Rey Mysterio is currently involved in a feud with Cody Rhodes and hopefuly can boost him to the next level but more on that later. I would like to see Show and Kane as a tag team on Smackdown though because that division needs them more as there are others that can be in the mainevent scene.

Alberto Del Rio is the RR winner and won another title shot at Extreme Rules although this may change after Edge's retirement. Nevertheless he will be in the Smackdown mainevent scene for some time to come. Christian has been around the mainevent on Smackdown recently and has been feuding with Alberto Del Rio. I really think that Christian can be the one to take Edge's spot as the mainevent face on Smackdown. He has already feuded with ADR so that is a ready made title match for the vacant title at Extreme Rules. He is over with the fans and is more than ready to carry the brand.

Cody Rhodes
Drew McIntyre
Kofi Kingston
Wade Barrett

I see these four as guys that can step up to the next level and can take advantage of this gap at the top. Rhodes is getting the rub from Mysterio at the moment and this feud can move up the card a bit on Smackdown. They should have another match on Extreme Rules before the feud ends. Drew McIntyre and Kingston just need someone to get behind them and push them to the top. They need a slight gimmick change and basically just need wins on Smackdown. Wade Barrett is the current IC champion but in time I think that he could become a maineventer.

Looking at it Smackdown actually needs more mainevent heels than they do faces. So even though they lost Edge and Undertaker they need to get more heels up the card. Christian can be moved up as a face and then WWE just need to get behind Rhodes and then McIntyre as the heels.

So on Smackdown you would have at the top:

Faces: Christian, Rey Mysterio, Kofi Kingston (Kane and Big Show as well but preferably as a tag team)
Heels: Alberto Del Rio, Cody Rhodes, Drew McIntyre, Wade Barrett.

Yes it is a bit weak, especially on the heel side, but given time it could turn into a solid division. A lot of pressure will be on Rhodes to step it up after this feud with Mysterio, I personally think that he has already improved a lot since this new dashing gimmick and his work against Mysterio has been very good. Christian vs ADR is a feud just waiting to happen and can go on for months. Book Kofi and Drew in a feud with each other and just give them time on Smackdown to show what they can do so they can win fans over. Show and Kane can feud with The Corre.

Your thoughts on the Smackdown mainevent scene and what would you do to turn it around now that Undertaker and Edge are no longer there?

SpectreVLV

Reaction score
My guess is that the Corre will be broken up, and the members will rival each other, which would put a few more stars into the main event scene (Zeke, Wade, Heath, Justin Gabriel).

Dademo

Reaction score
I think during the draft we'll see CM Punk or Orton go to Smackdown. Even though they are currently in a feud, I think the WWE would want one of them on Smackdown to be the top heel to feud with Christian possibly, although Del Rio's doing a good job. Yes I am saying that Orton would be the heel too.