Osama Bin Laden the Judo-ka?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
osama-bin-laden_634403876337957982_main_large.jpg
At first I had to double check I wasn't on The Onion. Reuters have released a video interviewing Taiwanese Judo Coach Jimmy Wu who was the Saudi Arabia national coach from 1981 to 1991 and who claims to have taught the world's formerly most wanted terrorist the "gentle way".

Wu produced pictures and video from the early 1980's of him with students that included a tall, young man with a beard who resembles Bin Laden in his days as a University student though Reuters has been unable to confirm whether the man in the photos and video is actually Osama Bin Laden.

Wu remarked 'Osama' had left quite the impression on him particularly one day when Wu's wife walked into the gym:

"The tall one said, 'This is the centre, no women should be in here,' ... He did not approve. I have a particular memory of this. That was Osama."

Wu had mentioned to Osama when he first came to him that he was too tall to be successful at Judo and advised him against pursuing it, but Osama persisted with it training several times a week until 1984 when Wu says he never saw him again.