Awesome Kong Signs With WWE?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
World Wrestling Entertainment is believed to have offered former TNA Knockouts champion Awesome Kong a contract.
pwinsider said:
Earlier today, Kong wrote the following on her twitter account: "My dreams just came true today. I got my dream job. Yes, THAT one."

WWE sources indicated that there's been discussion of signing Kong, who left TNA several months back, in recent weeks. One source claimed she had been brought to WWE Headquarters in Stamford about a month back but we were unable to double source the claim.

We don't have an official confirmation of a signing, but sources believed it was pretty much a done deal as of last week.

Huge news if true. I had thought that WWE weren't interested in her anymore after she hadn't signed with them soon after departing TNA and was then working with ROH. Great news for her as she will actually receive a proper wage in WWE and should become a huge star.

Hopefully WWE don't screw this up by doing something stupid like making her Mark Henry's love interest.

Kong, Phoenix, Natalya, Kim make for some strong wrestlers in the division with the eye candy of Maryse, McCool and Layla rounding it out nicely. Would love to see Kong vs Kim again or better yet a fatal four way between Kong, Phoenix, Natalya and Kim on PPV.

What do you think about Kong signing with WWE?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Your last section is very telling Troy, because with those names, the WWE women's division is sudderly not looking too bad. If they give Kong the Cyana treatment she could really do something. Thing is they need to trim the league down, and just get the ones with real talent who can draw the money, that way the likes of Kim, Kong and Natalya would stand out more. Also they have some strong female heels now with the likes of Mccool, Vickie, and Melina who I think needs a heel turn.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Looking at the WWE roster they do have a lot of divas on the books: Alicia Fox, Bella Twins, Eve, Gail Kim, Maryse, Melina, Natalya, Tamina, Beth Phoenix, Kaitlyn, Kelly Kelly, Layla, Michelle McCool, Rosa Mendes and now Awesome Kong. That gives 16 divas to fill about half an hour of television a week.

If I had to cut some I would remove Kaitlyn, Rosa Mendes, Eve, Bella Twins and Alicia Fox. That would leave ten divas most of which are quite talented and that is more than enough to form a strong division. Maybe they could keep some others on as just valets and nothing else but WWE always seems to put them in matches anyway.

Melina is meant to be turning heel soon, if she hasn't already, which is great because she is so much better as a heel.

They do need to give Kong the Chyna push. The good thing is first of all they have a lot of divas so Kong can crush some of them to start with and secondly there are some really talented female wrestlers in WWE so she can put on some excellent matches. They need to have Kong run through everyone and just leave her vs Beth Phoenix though. I think that that would be a fantastic match, certainly worthy of a PPV.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Imo I know they are going to bury awesome kong to the depths of jobbing. Seriously, I don't see her suceeding that much as WWE fans won't buy her as a true diva and she'll just end up losing to someone like AJ Lee from FCW to give her a big push when she comes up to the main roster.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't know about that. This time I don't think that WWE will squash talent from another company right away. Yes she is already a big name and normally that means you have to start right from the bottom in WWE but with Kong she will start off as a monster with a Goldberg like run to begin with. I can't see them bringing her in a not pushing her like a star.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I agree up to a point, I think because she is fairly big, and has a different look, it should give her a bit of grace, but how long it lasts, and wather the silly tv writers will know her to use Kong to her fullest I kind of have my doubts also.

One good way to interduce her might be to make Kong a suprise entrent in the rumble match in her debut, and dumping a bunch of guys.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
It's WWE though, something tells me she will look strong to start out with and then all of a sudden she gets Harvey Whippleman as a manager, and they rename her Bertha Kong.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Lol at the Aja Kong reference by Deezy. She will probably start strong and then fall back into the midcard doing random diva's crap and then be released all in about a year's time. That's my prediction.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
One good way to interduce her might be to make Kong a suprise entrent in the rumble match in her debut, and dumping a bunch of guys.

That would be an incredible way to debut her and would certainly get her over as a big deal right away. Beth Phoenix was in last year's Rumble so they could get her in again as well as Kong. Get Kong to eliminate some guys and then Phoenix would be huge.

I still have blind faith that this time WWE won't screw it up. I will probably be wrong and they will probably book a storyline like Piggy James for Kong.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Thanks Troy in fact I might e-mail that to those hacks in WWE head office! It is about time that Women wrestlers were treated equal and that more were involved in the rumble match, or at least might get their own rumble match, of couse that can't happen until they get a stronger roster.