TV Provider

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nation

Rate The Promotion Day 8

The orginal ECW scores a 91 next up WCW.

Wcwlogo.jpg

World Championship Wrestling (WCW) was an American professional wrestling promotion which, in its proper form, existed from 1988 to 2001. Although the name "World Championship Wrestling" had been used as a brand and television show name by various National Wrestling Alliance (NWA)-affiliated promotions (most notably Georgia Championship Wrestling and Jim Crockett Promotions) since 1983, it was not until five years later that an actual NWA-affiliated promotion called World Championship Wrestling appeared on the national scene, under the ownership of Atlanta, Georgia-based media mogul Ted Turner.

For the entirety of its existence as a separate promotion, WCW was the chief rival of the World Wrestling Federation, and even the owners of its NWA-affiliated forerunner promotions regarded WWF as their major competitor. At the outset of WCW's existence, as well as with the promotions that came before it, the company was strongly identified with the Southern-style of professional wrestling (or rasslin'), which emphasized athletic in-ring competition over the showmanship and cartoonish characters of WWF. This identification persisted into the 1990s, even as the company signed former WWE stars such as Hulk Hogan and "Macho Man" Randy Savage. WCW dominated pro wrestling's television ratings from 1996 to 1998, mainly due to its incredibly popular New World Order (nWo) storyline, but thereafter began to lose heavy ground to WWF, which had recovered greatly due to its new WWF "Attitude" branding. The promotion began losing large amounts of money, leading to parent company AOL Time Warner selling the company to the WWF for roughly $7 million in 2001.

9/10 WCW was great during the monday night wars.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Um idk 7/10 i wasnt really into it and the wrestling wasnt great,it still was a great promotion but the way it went down sucked,7 mil come on.

03mnm

Reaction score
10/10 The only promotion to have ever gave the WWE proper competion.

Soulpower

9.5/10... When I started to watch wrestling long ago, I watched WCW more than the WWF. I remember people like Flying Brian, Stunning Steve Austin, Barry Windham, Johnn B Badd and OZ (Kevin Nash)... But I can't give it a 10 because of how things went downhill semingly form one week to the next. Its a company that should be still arounf but itsn't and it will always serve as reminder (to me anyways) as to why I can't stand Vince Russo.

Ben

Reaction score
What Provider do you use, cable or satellite, and if so what company specifically do you use?

I have Time Warner Cable. I get internet and cable included for a good price and the service is solid, with a ton of free options, so I've never though about switching.

Eve Torres

Reaction score
I just have like standard air waves coming in from my TV lol

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Got direct T.V. I like it because of some of the extra channels you get like T.V one and such.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
FiOS TV. Was gonna go DirecTV but changed my mind when I realized that FiOs has Comcast Sportsnet while DirecTV does not.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Cox - TV, Internet, and Phone

I get NBA TV, NHL Network, Versus, all the ESPNs, MLB Network, NFL Network, Racing, horses, tennis, golf, fishing, G4, all the MTVs, Centric, Hub, Wam, Disney XD, Boomerand, and Nicktoons all in one package on top of the normal cable channels

They truly are my friend in the digital age :D

Chuck Norris

Reaction score
FiOS because it's been proven that everything else fuckin sucks.

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Directv, so i can have all my sports channels.

imported_Sam

Reaction score
Comcast here, the TV is pretty awesome but the internet is known to have problems.