Indy shows in England

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Clydefrog

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
test
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
fswnewhead.jpg
This is a small english indy promtion situated north of england in the manchester/stockport area, the shows are every month and its PG because its a family show, But other than that its a pretty solid show with some sick bumps and entertainment! Some characters that are wrestling there have more charisma than some in WWE/TNA! i just wanted to share you this so you can apprieciate the awesomeness two!

[youtube]WiZng6Vyd-g[/youtube]

1PW.jpg

1pw is one of my fave shows in england, the wrestling is great and is hardcore! i have watched some crazy dvds and live shows of this promotion! and they bring EX WWE,TNA stars over makes it better aswell! If u have any chance check the promotion on Youtube! or if u live in england try and go to a show!

[Youtube]m_lcUmC4Swk&feature=related[/Youtube]

MANY MORE TO COME!​

Last edited:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Other Promotions I would say to look out for are the FWA [around now for more than ten years, and in my opion the best english promotion of that era] who gave guys like Doug Williams his break, IPWUK who run at least one show a month in the London area, and RQW which sadly have not done anything in a while, but I can recommend getting the No Pain, No Gain DVD - featuring an appearence by The Great Muta!

Recently I attended an ICW show in Glasgow, it was a bit lame really, although the main event pitting BT Gunn v Johnny Moss v Wolfgang v Liam Thomson in which Gunn won the vecant title was cracking!

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I may start other threads about some promotions, although another strong looking british one I found on the net yesterday is PBW who run regular shows accross Scotland and feature a talent roster including El Ligero, Martin Stone, Nikki Storm and Jack Sabre Jr.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Last night I attended the lastest XWA event in my local town of Morecambe. The promotion once known as a version of the FWA, has been hosting shows in the area for years. They had great sucess for a promotion their size when running the Dome [now closed], once drawing a sell out crowd of 500 people. XWA are owned by Greg Lambert who many will know as a writer for Power Slam. He has recently turned into a dark and processed heel manger [a role he is very well suited for], and is asscitoted with 'The Showstealer' Alex Shane. Last nights show was one of two halfs, the first terrible with many filer action, and 80's style rejects, with slow and weak action. The second much more exciting and heated.

The results

Stixx Pinned Cyaide in poor No DQ match with a chain shot off the top. 3/10
Colossus Kennedy beat Action Jackson in a one sided bore with a weak choke slam. 4/10
Joey Hayes defeated Axl Rage in a solid North West Cup Match on a lame count out finsh. 5.5/10
Spud went over Nathan Cruz [the pair had been at it all night back stage] in a enjoyable scrap by DQ. 6/10
Alex Shane and RJ Singh beat Johnny Phere and El Ligero in a action packed main event. 7/10
Afterwards Tom Lambert upset Shane with help from Stixx. As a result Stixx will face Shane for the British Title at the next show in Feb.