Video Game News, Rumors & General Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
engadget - The Playstation Phone

Thoughts? Will you pick one up? Personally I think they should come up with the PSP2, the 3DS' release date is closing in and fast. Good thing is that this thing is Android, if I do get it I'll be able to synchronize it with my Google TV (Which I'm DEFINITELY getting sometime next year, or whenever the fuck Sony get off their lazy butts and decide to release it here, that stuff is badass.)

Dead Space 2 demo coming December 2nd

Will try it out, wasn't that enchanted with the first Dead Space though. Just didn't do it for me.

Oddworld Collection hitting PCs

Fuck yeah. Loved Stranger's Wrath, definitely getting this.

Post random news snippets you find interesting and discuss games in here!

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Funny thing about phones these days is that the calling somebody on it is not even the most used thing half the time so I don't expect this to be any different though it is a creative idea I must say.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Smartphone gaming catching up to PSP & DS

Definitely interesting, and I'm a fan of these phones being fully loaded...the more the merrier. It does make sense, if the phone is able to function as a reasonably good gaming device, why would people want to dish out more for a handheld? I don't think phones can ever wipe out handhelds completely, as they'll always have a market among gamers but casuals might just want to stick with their phones.

Halo: Combat Evolved Remake for 2011 on the Xbox 360?

This is definitely interesting for fans of the series.

Nitemare

Reaction score
My 13 year old will eat that alive. He loves all things Halo. I'm more of a CoD guy though.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Mass Effect 3 briefly listed at EA store, official synopsis describes a final, desperate battle for Earth

Gears of War VGA announcement cancelled

I heard Mass Effect 3 is gonna have over a 1000 variables in it's ending chapter based on decisions you've made in the past games, should finish some of my backlog and get to ME 1 & ME 2 fast. Seems EPIC, I've played like 8 hours of ME 1 and 2 of ME 2....should finish them before Mass Effect 3 comes out or I'll never forgive myself.

Tron: Evolution seems to have bombed. Saw that coming.

Ben

Reaction score
Black Opps Hits 1 Billion in Sales

Activision Blizzard passed along a note this morning announcing that Call of Duty: Black Ops recently topped $1 billion in worldwide $.

The Treyarch-developed FPS debuted back in early November to very strong initial sales, moving more than 5 million units in its first day of availability alone. Judging by these latest figures, things haven't slowed down too much for Black Ops since then.

"In all of entertainment, only Call of Duty and Avatar have ever achieved the billion dollar revenue milestone this quickly," reads a statement from Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick. "This is a tribute to the global appeal of the Call of Duty franchise, the exceptional talent at Treyarch and the hundreds of extraordinary people across our many Call of Duty studios including Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer that work tirelessly on the franchise."

Speaking of Sledgehammer and Infinity Ward, it looks like the bar's set pretty high for the next Call of Duty. No pressure, folks.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Good lord 1 billion in sales. From causing people to steal this game and resell them to selling this much this is like the video game version of crack or something.

Ben

Reaction score
The game is good, but really it's just the same as the last 3, just with some diffrent guns and maps, that IMO weren't that great.

This is there cash cow know so expect them to keep putting out a COD every year if they can.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
If it was no different than the last one then I really don't get the huge deal over it. They just happened to promote this one much better it seemed but didn't think it'd result in it selling this much.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Call of Duty is turning into something like FIFA, enough already. And I'm a COD fan for the most part.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Gonna start getting more hyped than Halo now probably.

Ben

Reaction score
Screen Digest predicts Microsoft's motion-sensing peripheral to narrowly outpace Move's 7.3 million in first full year on sale, tempers near-term expectations for 3D TVs, game streaming on demand.
Last month, Microsoft upped its estimates for its Kinect motion-sensing camera peripheral, saying it expected the add-on to build an installed base of 5 million by the end of the year. Analyst firm Screen Digest believes Microsoft will ride that momentum in 2011, naming the Kinect one of a handful of top tech stories it expects to cast a large shadow in 2011.
Screen Digest expects Kinect to outsell Move, but not by much.

While Sony's motion-sensing Move controller launched months earlier than Kinect, Screen Digest believes Microsoft's add-on will be able to overtake its counterpart by the end of next year. Through 2011, the firm predicted a worldwide Kinect installed base of 7.6 million, just edging out a 7.3 million Move-enabled PlayStation 3 user base.
Another of Sony's initiatives made the Screen Digest report, though probably not in the way the electronics giant would have wanted. The firm doesn't expect 3D TV sales to catch on next year, even though the sets have been introduced in essentially every major market around the globe.
The firm suggested current 3D broadcasters place too much of an emphasis on live sporting events and non-recurring programming, and that the glasses required of current 3D TVs will serve as a deterrent. As for glasses-free 3D TVs (or "auto-stereoscopic" sets), Screen Digest doesn't expect those to become mass market options for another decade.
Another trend that might not have a near-term impact on the industry is streaming games-on-demand services like OnLive and Gaikai. Such services provide a poor value proposition at the moment, the firm believes, and might not take off until they focus more on the TV and console market than PCs.

Not a big fan of motion gaming, the Wii is fun to play when your drunk and have people around, but I have no desire to get Move or Kinect if I had a 360. As long as they keep it as niche market and don't start introducing it into major titles.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
For anyone who's sick of Call of Duty and Halo, I'd fully recommend Crysis 2. It's on PS3, X360 and PC and it owns, really fun game. Playing it right now, 3 hours in, nothing like New York City getting destroyed.