FRiCTION #2 Results

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigm

Reaction score
she is sexy but she is not that pretty

Dante Cross

Reaction score
Alex Williamson vs John Meno!

Alex Williamson!

Promos:I really thought that your promos were weak. You had the crowd say cheer and when did John come into the promo? Like is he made of dust or something? You only had yourself enter and didn't have John enter so it took away from some of it to be honest.

Ring Work:Your selling was OK it wasn't the best but it was OK and good for your 2nd match.
Entertainment:It kept me reading but I think you need less spelling mistakes and it just seemed outrageous and it was a spot fest. I would try to improve on this if I were you. But like I said it kept me reading so good job but don't make it to much of a spot fest.

Overness:I thought you did horrible on this. You didn't let John damage you like at all and I just think you should try to read some matches and improve by reading them.

More Variety:All you had were weapons and submission moves. You barely had real moves like a suplex or punches or kicks. You did bad on this category as well.

Innovation:I will give you credit on this because you used a lot of weapons and things and were unique with them. So I do think this was your best category.

Finish:It was horrible you just had the ref raise your hand and the camera look on John. But you won with a submission so that was unique.

John Meno!

Promos:Your promo wasn't much but it was OK and you had better entrances than Alex because you included both men walking to the ring and I thank you for that!

Ring Work:Your selling wasn't the best but it was OK and it just didn't get me that much.
Entertainment:Yours was fairly entertaining and it wasn't a spot fest but it just didn't keep me reading that much. Work on this and add some more to it.

Overness:I think you did a good job in this category because you had Alex dominate you for a bit and then made a few comebacks so good job on this.

More Variety:You didn't have that much variety and believe I don't use variety that much either and I understand it's a bit hard but you still had a nice selection of moves.

Innovation:I loved this part you had extreme in it but not too outrageous like your opponent!

Finish:You're finish wasn't the best but it did send some shivers up my spine but please try to add more!

Promos:John Meno
Ring Work:Alex Williamson
Entertainment:Alex Williamson
Overness:John Meno
More Variety:John Meno
Innovation:Alex Williamson
Finish:John Meno

Overall Winner: John Meno!

Well you both need to improve...a fair amount but you both will get there! Just keep working at it and from what I understand this your 2nd match for each of you! So good job and the matches were a hell of a lot better than my 2nd and 3rd matches! Please sign up for mentoring John and Alex please contact Dante more. Congrats John and I hope you do well in the tourney!

Dante Cross

Reaction score
First of all, I would like to thank both of you for showing your match, and wish you luck.

Promo's

Canyon : Well your promo had ''Canyon walks by Clones locker room on his way to the room, and over hears him talking shit about him, Canyon throws a table and trash can, then oscars music hit and everybody hears christian knights announcement'', you need to describe your promo properly, you should of entered the room and talked back or beat him up and get it broken up. Anyway, there wasn't much a promo, and I advise you should detail your promo next time.

Clone : I kinda like your Promo. You described where you were, unlike Canyon. And I know your opponent changed his name, so you had to call him Dynamo. However i liked your attitude changes, when you left the room was impressive. This had some good detail. Only advice is hype your opponent more.

Winner of Promo's - Clone

Ring Work

Canyon : You didn't say whether your opponent got knocked down, and got up at the beginning, which proved to affect the flow of your match. When he moved from the clothesline, did he duck? My advice, is again to detail your match, on the getting up, and getting knocked down.

Clone : This selling I liked. You had your opponent get the upper hand at the start, and proved your character is not immortal. And when you were whacked with by the chair, I liked how you sold that. However at the end, it was like a Cena ending. Try to build momentum before you finish them.

Winner of Ring Work - Clone

Entertainment

Canyon : This was just a squash match. You had your opponent have an edge for 4 seconds, and then Alex Williamson comes and attacks Clone. And then you pin him. You should at least, let him have the edge longer, and made the win more 'real'. It wasn't very entertaining, but better luck next time.

Clone : This slightly entertained me. How you let your opponent have the edge over you. But the ending made it 'less entertaining', Cena style matches are predictable. You did good, but just try not to sell too much pain, otherwise it gets boring.

Winner of Entertainment - Clone

Overness

Canyon : That match was all you. Alex Williamson, got involved I guess, but still it was ALL you. You dominated the match, you had a promo saying he was talking shit, but you need to detail it more.

Clone : Canyon may of had a half line promo involving you, but he did push you in the promo. You just needed to have Canyon have a promo in your match. He had all the overness in your match, but it was a bit too much. But he did dominate a long time.

Winner of Overness- Clone

Move Variety

Canyon : No Variety. Sorry man.

Clone : Your finishing move was varied, plus you had moves like Green Bay Plunge and Drop Toe Hold.

Winner of Move Variety - Clone

Innovation

Canyon : ZGA is Partially DQ, which means you CAN use weapons, but lowblows and interference are BANNED from use.

Clone : Nothing wrong here, you had the proper use of weapons, plus the finisher had innovation, so extra marks. I'm sorry you had to win this VIA dq.

Winner of Innovation - Clone VIA DQ

Finish

Canyon : Well you had interference in your finish, but I'm not going to DQ you here. Because your ending was fairly complexed, never mind short. But then you ruined it with the low detailed double team. Sorry man.

Clone : I understand you rushed yours, so I'm not gonna bite you, for a paragraph ending. Because it had effect at the end, the mystery man, who attacked you. I can't wait to see what happens next match.

Winner of Finish - Clone

So the overall winner is Clone

Dante Cross

Reaction score
My spell checker isn't working so bare with me.

Mike didn't show, so this is all for Dante.

Promos: The first promo was great. I don't see how relevant to the match it was, but I still enjoyed it.The second promo was good, but it made me wonder why you don't post promos outside of your match because it seems like you have a lot to say promo-wise.

Ring Work
: It was a squash match, not much ring work involved.

Entertainment: I enjoyed this match, but it certainly isn't your greatest.

Overness: Again, it was a squash match. The match sure didn't do Dave Spielberg any justice, but then again no-showing didn't either.

Move Variety: I hate to repeat myself, but it was a squash match! What can you expect?

Innovation: I don't want to use the word "innovation" and squash match in the same sentence.

Finish: We see the start of F8te. I'm looking foward to what happens next.

Overall, Dante knew Mike was going to no show and decided not to make some spectacular match, but he did put some effort into this and I respect that. It is probably the best squash match I have ever read.

Winner: Dave Spielberg
Just kidding.

Dante Cross

Reaction score
{Intergender Match: Singles}
Manny Zeno vs. Beth Hardy

-Both No-Showed but Beth told me the reason was that she was going on vacation. So Null & Void! Oh and by the way, Manny Zeno, you're fired.

Dante Cross

Reaction score
Promo

Rob Zigga: So I read your pre-match promos…and well, there is much to be desired in your writing style. It seemed very childish throughout the entire thing. They didn’t say much past the point of repeating how awesome they are. The spelling was sub-par as well. But past that; the promo introduced Kenyon and Zigga as a tag team. There needs to be much more description and detail in your promos, it did not tell any story, it did not even have your opponent in it. This really was not a good promo.

Hudson: So I read your promo and it really was much better than Zigga’s but it still lacked A LOT. I saw what you were working with and I saw many areas where if you had improved, it would have been a perfect promo, but it was not sadly to say. The scene where you go into a drunken rage really was unneeded, and I ask where these random people come from? Make the promos as real as possible, as you write, picture it in your mind, that way you can see what fits and what shits.

Winner: Hudson

Ring Work

Zigga: The match did not flow really. There was no real description for me to follow you on and the moves were not described with proper execution. You did not sell anything and you did not describe how you and the opponent reacted to doing the moves or being hit by the moves. In ring work, you need to be descriptive with the moves, have a good match flow, and give the reader a good idea of what’s going on in the match, let them learn what the move is about if they don’t know it, as well as sell the moves.

Hudson: Ok so the match was a bit confusing at first, you need work with description. But the first sign of you working your match was when Hudson felt the pain from a kick he took earlier, I liked that. When you Superplexed Rob, he should have felt pain in his back, like holding his back before he got to his feet. Though you did work the hurricanrana John took from Zigga I noticed. You should have sold the injury more even though you shouldn’t have used a Low Blow. But you did sell the neck injury and the description for that was very good for the most part. The match flowed, there was some ok selling, the guys didn’t get back up too early. It was good.

Entertainment

Zigga: I seriously was not entertained by this match. It had less than 10 moves in it, maybe 5, and it had little to no hype or description in the promo or anything. I don’t know if you rushed it or what, but the match was sub-par t say the least. Not much else to say past, you need some work, when I get a good hold on time and feel like it, I’ll explain what every needs to work on, so listen when that time comes.

Hudson: Your match kept me reading. I mean the beginning was confusing yes, but the match itself was ok. There was like nothing spectacular about the match at all, but it was a good flowing match and yes you need work too, but it was acceptable. The promo was not much hype for the match but you got your point across, but it was not really entertaining. You need to be creative when writing and come up with some interesting storylines.

Overness

Zigga: It was not really a long match but in that match, Hudson and Zigga had a good showing. There was no complete takeover but it was good for both guys. You also put over Kenyon and yourself as a tag team.

Hudson: You really put Zigga over in your match, but you did not job yourself either. That’s what this area is about; don’t job yourself or the opponent. Keep it in good taste and have a great match.

Move Variety

Zigga: Spear…Big Boot…Leg Drop…Double Arm DDT…Bleeding out of nowhere, looked like a Hogan match to me. No move variety at all.

Hudson: Backstabber, Running Bulldog, Rolling Ground Kick, SuperPlex, Hurricanrana, Senton, Sex Drive; pretty interesting moves here, the most interesting was the Sex Drive and Rolling Ground Kick.

**Note: put any moves you do in capital letters with all caps or just Capitalize them like I did here. So I can see them.

Innovation

Zigga: Nothing spectacular here, nothing at all. But since Hudson is DQ’d you win by default.

Hudson: You are DQ’d from this category for using a Low Blow on Zigga. ZGA does not allow Interference or Low Blows (that the referee can see). And you would have been DQ’d if you had had Lucifer interfere after the bell had sounded, but the bell had not so you’re safe there, but on that note, what happened to Lucifer? He was not at ringside or anything, you really need to keep things like that in mind.

Winner: Zigga

Finish

Zigga: You ended with the DDT implanting Hudson’s head into the match causing blood Don’t know exactly where YOU started bleeding from but it seems you were busted open too. Short match, ending was just like the opening, no hype, just you saying how awesome you and Kenyon are, and it seems you have a K.O. punch, one hitta quitte I guess you did on Hudson when he walked in after the match to confront you.

Hudson: Your ending was pretty good. It was a nice match finish, not suspenseful as a good finish should but it was ok. The after match promo was nice, seeing as you hyped a match against Dave Spielberg in your quest for the Television title. This would have been a good hype for a match between you two if he had stayed.

Overall Winner: John Hudson

Dante Cross

Reaction score
Quest for the Gold: 2 out of 3 Falls ~ Kenyon vs. Steve Blackboard

Kenyon
Promos: I actually liked how you hyped yourself as a cocky SOB. Even though it was short, you cut to the point. I wished you could of made it longer and more descriptive, but even with the length you used, It was still entertaining. I like how you did the lights out thing, Im going to guess you helped out Rob Zigga, since the second time you popped out from behind Steve Blackboard. Now bare with me, I didn't read your whole match yet, just up to entrances so I don't know the outcome yet, but great job either way on the promo and somewhat entrances.

Steve BlackBoard
Promos: This is a promo category with entrance, but mostly promo. I saw none.

Winner of the category: Kenyon

Kenyon
Ring Work: I didn't like yours selling too much, and this is what the category was about. I mean you didn't describe things too well, just a few.

Steve BlackBoard
Ring Work: This is something you did better than kenyon.

Winner of the category: Steve BlackBoard

Kenyon:
Entertainment: I like the entertainment a lot. I like the back and forth action, and even though Kenyon got over a little more, It was still entertaining.

Steve Blackboard
Entertainment: Not really entertaining, because it looked squashed, but since Kenyon didn't follow the match rules(and according to Dante) I have to DQ him here, so you win.

Winner of the category: Steve Blackboard

Kenyon:
Overness: you didn't put your opponent over in promo, and in the match it seemed like you put yourself more.

Steve Blackboard
Overness: You put yourself over Kenyon a whole lot.

Kenyon
Move Variety: FROG SPLASH, Northern Lights Suplex, SPEAR.

Steve Blackboard
Move Variety: scissors kick, Go To Sleep, Extraordinary Spear, Dirty Moves

Kenyon
Innovation: I didn't read/see you use a weapon, and nothing outside.

Steve Blackboard
Innovation: Alot of stuff outside, etc...something Kenyon didn't do.

Kenyon
Finish: From reading the promos it seemed like Kenyon was a heel, but you won the match cleanly. Other than that, The match was a clean win, which i liked, and a nice way to end the show with Zigga which leaves some unsolved questions. Sort of like a hook at the end of a show, which was a nice touch.

Steve Blackboard
Finish: Nice finish, but too unrealistic in my opinion

OVERALL WINNER AND THE WINNER OF THIS MATCH: Steve Blackboard

Status
Not open for further replies.